Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is an E series, before they became 14060M's. It was the first Rolex I ever saw and wanted, when I was about 10. It isn't big enough for me though, so I got the Deep Sea. It may be on here soon.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by SoCal
Mine is an E series, before they became 14060M's. It was the first Rolex I ever saw and wanted, when I was about 10. It isn't big enough for me though, so I got the Deep Sea. It may be on here soon.
How big are your wrists? Mine are a touch over 7" and 40mm to 42mm is my ideal. I find the Sub fits nearly perfect for my comfort zone. Then again, anything over 44mm feels monstrous to me. Deep Sea is pretty sweet though, let's see it!

My Sub is a 14060U which is slightly newer than the E (which I would have loved to have found). I would love to see Rolex make another no-date Sub, maybe 42mm or so, but there is something about the old-school cases that just scream cool to me.

In my book, a vintage no-date Sub on a NATO is about as cool as it gets for wrist wear.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Banned
I have about 7.75-8" wrists, depending on how much I have been working out lately. I need at least a 44mm watch or it looks small on me. I will be posting pics of the collection once I am home, because half of it will be up for sale.

I love my Sub on the Nato, but just never wear it... It is very classic though.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have about 7.75-8" wrists, depending on how much I have been working out lately. I need at least a 44mm watch or it looks small on me. I will be posting pics of the collection once I am home, because half of it will be up for sale.

I love my Sub on the Nato, but just never wear it... It is very classic though.
Oh yeah with that size of wrists I can see where it would be really tough to wear most "normal" size watches. Honestly, some of my favorite watches are vintage and are 35mm or so, and I just can't wear them. A shame really.

PM me the watches you plan on selling when you get a chance, I may be interested in a few

Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Banned
I figured that you would be hahaha. I will be getting rid of a handful of Lum-Tecs, a Seiko TunaCan, a Breitling Seawolf Avenger, and a Panerai 176 (with about a dozen custom straps). PM me if any interest you.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Hublot Big Bang or AP ROO - that is the question

Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
CEO are you on linkedin? If so there's this watch enthusiast group on there where they have a lengthy discussion with the two brands; A Passion for Watches group | LinkedIn

Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Banned
AP ROO all day. Hublots are overpriced and don't hold their value very well, but then again, not many watches do.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:14 AM
AWG
Teamspeed Senior Member
AWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud of

Something simple for the day

Old 01-05-2011, 06:02 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by _CEO_
Hublot Big Bang or AP ROO - that is the question
Audemars Obviously, the movement of the watch is much superior over the Hublot Big Bang.

AP ROO all day. Hublots are overpriced and don't hold their value very well, but then again, not many watches do.
You've got a good point, then again in terms of Manufacturers ranking Audemars is well beyond Hublot in the ranking. Audemars is in the Top 5 with Pateke Phillipe, Vacheron Constantin, Blancpain and Breguet.

If you check this link, Hublot is ranked 15th whilst Audemars is at 5th position

Watches Ranking,top 100 Luxury watch rankings and reviews

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?