Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.
View Poll Results: Where would be the best road trip experience.?
USA
35.71%
Europe
64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide my summer, Europe or USA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ordered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond repute
Post Help me decide my summer, Europe or USA?

Well after looking at Hani's awesome road trip, it made me thinking thats what I want to do for the summer.

I have about 25 days around July - August that I can go on vacation ( The family is heading out on the yacht and I'm not bothered to join them this year, have done it for the past 15 years and I've had enough )

My 2 choices are either go drive around Europe ( UK, Amsterdam, France, Itlay, and maybe Spain & Portugal depending on the time ), OR go coast to coast in the USA starting from NY and ending in LA.

Ofcourse I will be renting something really fun, and will have a friend along with me who will be in a separate car.

So what do you guys recommend, I've never done a road trip of this magnitude before, so id like some feedback on which place would be better for pure driving pleasure. Im not really into scenery, will be wanting to hit up some nice restaurants, and some clubs etcc..

Thanks

Old 06-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice
Europe.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Europe but you will meet more cool TS'ers in the US of A

Old 06-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely Europe.

Driving coast to coast in America you're mostly just going to be in the countryside for most of the time. You're not going to come across that many major cities or attractions as you would in a Europe and you wouldn't really be able to experience what it's like to be in America. Plus it's going to be hot as balls.

I know you're asking about a road trip, but if you want to see the US then I would recommend dividing your time in a couple of few different cities (LA/NY/Chicago/etc.).

Old 06-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ordered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond repute
One of the reasons I thought of the USA was that I found the rentals to be a bit cheaper, and I could possibly do 3 different weekly rentals in the USA, but if I go to Europe id probably have to stick to the same car due to the price.

If I go to the states, this is my first ride : Porsche 911 Turbo New York Exotic Rental Car | Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals

Then perhaps we can have a lil' TS meet up along the way, have some fun with the cars Ive always wanted to go Canyon Carving

Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that Turbo is sweet.

You'll have to come through Nashville and meet with up with Jas and I.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by burnzie
Definitely Europe.

Driving coast to coast in America you're mostly just going to be in the countryside for most of the time. You're not going to come across that many major cities or attractions as you would in a Europe and you wouldn't really be able to experience what it's like to be in America. Plus it's going to be hot as balls.

I know you're asking about a road trip, but if you want to see the US then I would recommend dividing your time in a couple of few different cities (LA/NY/Chicago/etc.).
Thats the main reason I want to try the US, id spend at least 3 days in each city I visit, I want to go through Detroit to see if its really as bad as people say it is, there are a couple of places I have in mind that I need to visit if I go to the States.

Buttt if I end up in Europe, id be more relaxed as I know I would only spend time in the major cities ( London, Amsterdam, Milan, etc ), and would be able to divide my time more efficiently, rather than rushing to another city every 3 days.

Decisions, Decisions, I'm totally clueless at this point

Old 06-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by burnzie
Damn that Turbo is sweet.

You'll have to come through Nashville and meet with up with Jas and I.
Damn thing is a Tip, but I can deal with that.

Would love to have a meet up, one of the main reasons I'm looking to do a road trip rather than go to 1 place for my entire vacation.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
That tip car just made my shit soft....if you want to drive a turbo let me know...I know a guy he will take you through a few roads...sadly no canyons though.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
That tip car just made my shit soft....if you want to drive a turbo let me know...I know a guy he will take you through a few roads...sadly no canyons though.
Even a ride in a Turbo would be good, I've been driving nothing but SUV's for the past 2 years, I need some good speed.

Not a plug, but I've dealt with Imagine Lifestyles before, and they have been nothing but great, the service is on another planet to be honest, great great great company to deal with, and the customer service is like nothing that you'll ever experience.

Quick Reply: Help me decide my summer, Europe or USA?