Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/)
-   -   Seattle (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/72462-seattle.html)

pearlcoupeg35 05-07-2012 11:19 AM

Seattle

TS,

Coming to Seattle in September for the Seattle Seahawks home opener --- my friend from childhood is now a coach on their staff and he got us all tickets - cant wait!!!

Being that we dont have a lot of time (get in Friday and leave Monday) i will spare you the "what should we see and do" questions --- but i am looking for a great hotel recomendation that is centrally located to bars/dining/shopping within walking distance and also that would be easy for us to get over to the football stadium.

Thanks a lot!!!

Jon

pearlcoupeg35 05-07-2012 03:27 PM

almost views and no ideas from anyone? guess none of you stayed in Holiday Inn Express's last night?! :D

pearlcoupeg35 05-09-2012 02:55 PM

OK so i have learned this so far:

bring an umbrella

Thanks a lot TS fam! LOL

GuessWho 05-09-2012 02:56 PM

I don't live up there so I don't have anything to offer, except have fun and to bump this thread!

pearlcoupeg35 05-11-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho (Post 1310231)
I don't live up there so I don't have anything to offer, except have fun and to bump this thread!

Thanks man.

I booked a hotel and got some great info from a car guy in the Seattle area (not on TS tho :shrug:)

Also got a recomendation for an oyster house called ELLIOTTS? looks good!

CrazyRuskie 05-11-2012 01:44 PM

Sorry man never saw this post until today. It probably would have gotten more responses in the Off Topic forum lol. Glad you got a hotel and such taken care of. There is a Pyramid brewhouse right down the street from the hawks stadium as well.

pearlcoupeg35 05-17-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie (Post 1311946)
Sorry man never saw this post until today. It probably would have gotten more responses in the Off Topic forum lol. Glad you got a hotel and such taken care of. There is a Pyramid brewhouse right down the street from the hawks stadium as well.

No worries. Hotel is booked and have a few ideas on food. Will note that place for a beer on gameday as well :)

Really Excited for this trip --- i have never been to Washington so i get to check another state off my list in my quest to visit all 50 States.

pearlcoupeg35 06-10-2012 09:06 PM

UPDATE: Booking the airfare for this now --- from the East Coast it seems a non-stop flight to and from Seattle can be had fun UNDER $500 roundtrip --- pretty awesome. If anyone has any info to share in regards to getting LESS than that please chime in - otherwise we are booking at that rate (~$495 per person)

Cheers!!!

bmoores 06-11-2012 02:09 PM

I've made a few trips now. Three food venues I wouldn't miss: Barollo, Matt's in the Market, and Serious Pie.

Mark will hurt me if I don't mention Lola too.

If you can rebook your hotel and you didn't book Hotel Andra it's a great place and was also Mark's recommendation.

CrazyRuskie 06-11-2012 02:12 PM

If you are bringing the lady friend and want a nice dinner I would recommend Canlis. Great location overlooking Lake Union.