Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/)
-   -   Going to South Africa in November, places to stay? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/47544-going-south-africa-november-places-stay.html)

edbhr 09-16-2010 06:38 AM

Going to South Africa in November, places to stay?

Heading there with wifey to attend our friends wedding in cape town and will stay there for 10 days or so, interested to hear about places to stay, places to eat and so on.

we might be staying here for the first couple of nights, its close to where the wedding is.

so far the plan is:

first 2 days: wedding stuff.

3rd days: rent a couple F650GS or something close and ride around the Cape Peninsula.

4th/5th/6th: Get PADI licensed and maybe go shark diving.

no plan for the remaining 4 days, but we will not be able to fly back immediately after diving, so might as well see more of south africa.

anyone would like to share their experience, what to do, what to avoid and things we shouldn't miss, and where you stayed.

:friends:

sinan 09-16-2010 06:43 AM

Casa de Mike S :D

calypso 09-16-2010 08:11 AM

Cape Town is great, you will love it.
Knysna is also close by and nice. What are you interested in? Game viewing and all that kinda thing or more nightlife and parties?
One and Only Hotel in CT (One& Only Cape Town, South Africa) is nice and new, heard good things about it, but have never stayed there myself.

Chris888 09-16-2010 08:20 AM

Not sure how much you looking to spend on accommodation but this is pretty reasonable and very nice.

Protea Hotel President

edbhr 09-16-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by sinan (Post 712881)

I thought he lived in swisslandstan!! :whistle:

Originally Posted by calypso (Post 712911)
Knysna is also close by and nice. What are you interested in? Game viewing and all that kinda thing or more nightlife and parties?
One and Only Hotel in CT (One& Only Cape Town, South Africa) is nice and new, heard good things about it, but have never stayed there myself.

we're more into busy days and mellow evenings, more into the out doors than party. thanks for the link, the hotel looks nice, but too baller for my blood.

Originally Posted by Chris888 (Post 712913)
Not sure how much you looking to spend on accommodation but this is pretty reasonable and very nice.

Protea Hotel President

thanks chris, I will check it out, it looks like a very decent place.

Mike S 09-21-2010 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by sinan (Post 712881)

:D :D :D :friends:

Originally Posted by calypso (Post 712911)

Be sure to visit Franschoek! Very scenic little town, quite a nice drive as well. Get to taste various wines :)

You can also visit the Rupert's motor museum while you are there, the McLarens and Enzo have just had their services done - so they will be on display for sure. Really worth while, a lot of old Bugatti's and other vintage race cars from the 1930's and prior. Franschhoek Motor Museum

One and Only in Cape Town is very nice, you can have their Maybach drive you around. With the Bahraini Dinar being so strong, it should be a bargain vacation for you :D

edbhr 09-21-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mike S (Post 716795)
:D :D :D :friends:

Be sure to visit Franschoek! Very scenic little town, quite a nice drive as well. Get to taste various wines :)

You can also visit the Rupert's motor museum while you are there, the McLarens and Enzo have just had their services done - so they will be on display for sure. Really worth while, a lot of old Bugatti's and other vintage race cars from the 1930's and prior. Franschhoek Motor Museum

One and Only in Cape Town is very nice, you can have their Maybach drive you around. With the Bahraini Dinar being so strong, it should be a bargain vacation for you :D

thanks mike, Franschoek looks like a great place and I think it would be a good ending to our trip. any recommendations for Hotels over there?

jox 09-21-2010 05:15 PM

If I promise not to cause any trouble, hit on your wife or get too drunk on the plane, can I come with?

edbhr 09-21-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jox (Post 716826)
If I promise not to cause any trouble, hit on your wife or get too drunk on the plane, can I come with?

did u not receive your invitation? there are a few nice bois we wanted to introduce you to.

Mike S 09-23-2010 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by edbhr (Post 716818)
thanks mike, Franschoek looks like a great place and I think it would be a good ending to our trip. any recommendations for Hotels over there?

Hi ed,

Most of the vineyards there offer accomodation and vary in star ratings.

This is quite a nice one.
Luxury Five Star Resort | Le Franschhoek