Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Tickets & Events (https://teamspeed.com/forums/tickets-events/)
-   -   Thoughts on Supercar Weekend (PALM BEACH) (https://teamspeed.com/forums/tickets-events/35106-thoughts-supercar-weekend-palm-beach.html)

RICH G 01-13-2010 09:37 AM

Thoughts on Supercar Weekend (PALM BEACH)

I noticed yesterday that they have 2 differents sites:

Supercar Palm Beach

The Supercar Experience

both websites have different dates scheduled for the event? The first site has had the dates posted for months, so I had scheduled my airfare and made the rest of my arrangements for that weekend.
Then to my dismay, I noticed they dropped a second website with new dates corresponding to that event (which is now a week later). I have tried to contact the admins for the site and they arent even responding. I have a website and I wanted to cover the event for the site, and I cant even get the info. I know that a guy named John Temerian runs the show, but he isnt responding? Anyone have any info on this? Please help me out!
This guy isnt turning out to be the business man that I assumed he was.

Zorro 01-13-2010 11:15 AM

It's 2 separate events. One is a display, the other track fun.

You're not the only one baffled by the decision to split the 2 by a whole week.

RICH G 01-13-2010 11:52 AM

from what I understand...and what a friend of mine has been told. They had to change the venue to the following week, due to construction in downtown Weat Palm. Im waiting for this guy John to call me back.
Hopefully I will hear from him, but judging by messages already left, and emails that have gone unanswered I dont know if Im going to be able to get the info.
How do you change the date of an event a month out, espec when you have people travelling from all over the country to attend!
I have always had a great time at this event and I dont want to start bashing it, but unfortunatly I am baffled?

carbonSSG 01-14-2010 08:53 PM

I think they removed the Supercar Palm Beach site....it all links to the supercar experience site so I guess the event dates are the ones on that site.

I attended last year and while the cars on display weren't quite as impressive as they had in past years, it was still a well organized and enjoyable time.

Dan@Renntech 01-20-2010 08:35 AM

I've talked breifly with John, who is running this event. He said it will all take place Feb 26-28.

The 26th is a track day at Moroso/Palm Beach Speedway. 27th is the show on Flagler. 28th is a VIP and sponsors event.

RICH G 01-21-2010 12:24 PM

Thanks For Your Input (much Appreciated)

NotNormal 01-27-2010 06:35 AM

Hello guys, i've just joined up with teamspeed so be gentle. I normally use a similar site to this in the UK called Pistonheads but I think you guys are in a better position to help as I need some US info.

I'll be coming along to the Palm Beach SC weekend event, have everything booked holiday wise but I have no response to any mails sent to the organisers about this event in particular (which is the main reason I selected these holiday dates) so hopefully you guys will be able to help me.

Is it possible to buy entrance tickets on the day or will i need to buy in advance through the website ? Also is there any other info that will be relevant for me to know in advance about this event?

Only a couple of weeks and can't wait to get there for some sunshine and cars :HappyDance:

Cheers in advance
David :)

RICH G 01-27-2010 12:56 PM

Yes you can def. by tickets at the door...
where are you staying...I will try to get you any info that you may need

NotNormal 01-28-2010 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by RICH G (Post 508414)
Yes you can def. by tickets at the door...
where are you staying...I will try to get you any info that you may need

Excellent, many thanks for the info, makes life easier. First time to the states for me but we'll be staying in Lake Worth with some friends of my girlfriend. I gather its not too far away and we fly in on the 17th so will have a few days to get to know the area before the weekend, although I know one of the days we'll be popping down to Miami.

As i'm staying with "a local" i'm sure we'll be in good hands but if there's any good places that are a must see then welcome any recomendations :D

RICH G 02-04-2010 10:05 AM

well, if you have any questions let me know. I will offer any insight that I can