Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   The Teamspeed Wheel & Tire Forum (https://teamspeed.com/forums/teamspeed-wheel-tire-forum/)
-   -   Michelin Pilot Super Sports (https://teamspeed.com/forums/teamspeed-wheel-tire-forum/52761-michelin-pilot-super-sports.html)

StealthPilot 02-27-2011 09:37 PM

Damon - looks like you surprised us!

PSS is listed now on Tire Rack in full range of sizes.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Oops - just realized it seems they ship April 15th.

bonehead 02-27-2011 09:39 PM

Well, someone buy these and give us a report!

StealthPilot 03-05-2011 12:17 AM

Looks like Tire Rack also has just released the Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position.

I used to have the S03 Pole Positions and thought those were outstanding tires - better than PS2s.

So now we have PSS and S04 Pole Positions. What to do?

Damon - any chance you can get Tire Rack to redo the Max Performance tire test. Would love to see the PSS and the S04s measured against each other, and ideally up against the Continental ExtremeContact DW, and the Goodyear Eagle F1s.

Damon@tirerack 03-10-2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot (Post 886484)
Looks like Tire Rack also has just released the Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position.

I used to have the S03 Pole Positions and thought those were outstanding tires - better than PS2s.

So now we have PSS and S04 Pole Positions. What to do?

Damon - any chance you can get Tire Rack to redo the Max Performance tire test. Would love to see the PSS and the S04s measured against each other, and ideally up against the Continental ExtremeContact DW, and the Goodyear Eagle F1s.

I'm certain as soon as we can get our hands on them and the weather clears up a test of the Bridgestone and Michelin will happen. It's going to be a great summer of testing. The new offerings this year are a leap ahead in tire technology.

Damon@tirerack 03-10-2011 09:02 AM

Grab a cup of coffee or a beer and check out Michelin's site on the tire. There's lots of new technology in this tire you guys need to see. It's full of great animations and videos explaining the advances in the new tire. I'm really excited to see these hit the streets. This tire really does look to be a great leap forward.

And for what it's worth, I personally IMPLORED with the Michelin guys directly responsible for the release of this tire when they were here to not turn their backs on any relevant Porsche sizes. Let's hope they listen. There will be more sizes released as they move forward.

C Money 03-10-2011 09:07 AM

Damon, can you PM me a price for a set of 4 for my E39 M5?

Damon@tirerack 03-10-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by C Money (Post 892825)
Damon, can you PM me a price for a set of 4 for my E39 M5?

Done.

Here is all sizes and pricing.

-eztrader- 03-27-2011 03:02 PM

I'm dying to get these on my gt3. I'm riding around on totally bald pirellis awaiting the day

sean73T 03-27-2011 03:22 PM

I cannot wait to see how these tires are on a CGT.

Damon@tirerack 04-05-2011 09:09 AM

The Michelins are coming! The Michelins are coming!

Most all sizes look to have shipped from Michelin and are on the way to our distribution centers now. Some are arriving as soon as today, with most looking to be in 4/11.

So, if you have been waiting until they are here to order, it's time to call me. Believe it or not, almost all sizes are settling in at being LESS than PS2's, too. You don't see that often!

Please give me a call to order, or use the banner buttons here on the site. Thanks.