Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Best online resource for prices (MSRP or "real")?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Question Best online resource for prices (MSRP or "real")?

All-

Not a huge firearms guy but enough that a "Cars & Gun" outing this weekend here in SoCal. got me going again, so now I need to buy something. By all accounts, this smaller, independent shop we visited had good prices, but I wanted to double-check and when I got home starting browsing online.....well.....not sure where to go to get authoritative retail and "real life" pricing" - and leads? Objective is to not get ripped off and make sure I know all sides of the story.

TIA.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
SoCalS4Avant is infamous around these partsSoCalS4Avant is infamous around these parts
Just my personal experience, but good luck with the pricing war. Most of our shops here in So Cal are going to have things majorly marked up. If you consider purchasing from online/out-of-state, you'll need to factor in the costs associated with DROS and FFL fees. It's a pain in the rear, and sometimes, not worth it.

I've only bought one rifle online...and it wasn't worth it, even though I love the rifle.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
All-

Not a huge firearms guy but enough that a "Cars & Gun" outing this weekend here in SoCal. got me going again, so now I need to buy something. By all accounts, this smaller, independent shop we visited had good prices, but I wanted to double-check and when I got home starting browsing online.....well.....not sure where to go to get authoritative retail and "real life" pricing" - and leads? Objective is to not get ripped off and make sure I know all sides of the story.

TIA.
Determine what you want first off. Then call around, check on line to get a basic costing of the unit you want. Then, work with a shop you TRUST to get you what your looking for at as close as you can to a price you can live with. Lots of pricing variance in the market, up to 15% store to store, not including extras.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Thanks guys.

CurveJ - Are you able to sell anything yet (cases, hearing protection, rifles, etc.)?

Last edited by Moving Chicane; 10-21-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Thanks guys.

CurveJ - Are you able to sell anything yet (cases, hearing protection, rifles, etc.)?
Not yet. ATF comes Tuesday to do the inspection and then we go fast and furious. Really hoping to open in the holidays. We just finished opening all the banking, and I have started contacting distributors for pricing ect.

Moving along quickly now.....

Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future