Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   The Team Speed Shooting Range (https://teamspeed.com/forums/team-speed-shooting-range/)
-   -   The TS 1911 Thread (https://teamspeed.com/forums/team-speed-shooting-range/64511-ts-1911-thread.html)

big_slacker 09-21-2011 09:55 AM

You have to get a criminal background check and cannot have been hospitalized for mental illness. In my state to carry a handgun concealed you need to do a safety/gun law class and range qualify with the weapon. So no, it's not like buying shoes, lol!

cmayer 09-21-2011 09:59 AM

Maybe not, but it's not like taking a hunter exam either (what you need to have if you want to own a gun here). Everybody talks about safety, but wouldn't be more safe if more or less no one could have guns in private?

edbhr 09-21-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by cmayer (Post 1088835)
Maybe not, but it's not like taking a hunter exam either (what you need to have if you want to own a gun here). Everybody talks about safety, but wouldn't be more safe if more or less no one could have guns in private?

I believe the world would be a safer place if it was legal to own guns, highly regulated, but legal. in my country it is illegal to own any fire arms and I think it sucks, sometimes.

maybe I should buy a house in the Philippines and stock up on guns there :lol:

Brett B 09-21-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by cmayer (Post 1088835)

You have no idea what you are talking about. Guns do not cause crime, criminals cause crime. Gun restricted zones have the highest rates of crime in the nation. Areas where LEGAL gun ownership is the highest have lower rates of crime.

Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths

cmayer 09-21-2011 10:15 AM

in which way could it possibly be more safe if everyone got a gun?... Im just curious..

cmayer 09-21-2011 10:20 AM

Im not saying i know everything, but 'gunfacts.info' doesn't seem to be a very reliable source in this case. I get a feeling that they might speak for people who like guns and not from both parts view..

I don't want to get in a big discussion about this, i just asked a question how easy it was to get a gun in US. I've just heard that it is quite easy compare to other countries..

b9ev 09-21-2011 10:33 AM

Awesome pictures everyone!

Gun censorship is for another thread. This is for 1911s only. IIRC, Hossfly has some 1911s, I wonder if any will make it to this thread.

POWERHOUSE 09-21-2011 10:39 AM

Pics of my first are lost, but will probably pick up a TRP operator in the near future.

Originally Posted by cmayer (Post 1088864)

I don't want to get in a big discussion about this

Then stop while you are ahead. Gun laws are TOO strict in some states in the US.

rangieboy17 09-21-2011 10:51 AM

Just curious, How much does a 1911 cost?

IIVVX 09-21-2011 10:56 AM

^ love the sig