Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

I love lamp...SUTLER NO NEED TO COMMENT...THANKS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
That's the only select fire guns we up here can get. Air soft lol

Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
What Chris said about the machine gun laws. G18 is for Mil, Secret Services, ATF, FBI, etc. I don't even think city PD SWAT units can get them, but I could be wrong. The G18 is badazz, but if I could have it, I'd rather have this-

Modern Firearms - Kriss Super V

Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
G18 is much smaller... You could carry it in a traditional Glock 17 concealment holster. I'm a big aficionado of the Glock 18. It's gone through several iterations. Many folks don't realize it has been around since the earliest days. Also, there have been several attempts to slow the cyclic rate. Since those failed, they went to the ported barrel/slide that currently exists. Of course, firing the gun at night would make your night vision disappear along with being able to see the front sight!

The only other similar gun that gives me wood like that is the Beretta 93R. There's already another thread about that...

Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
G18 is much smaller... You could carry it in a traditional Glock 17 concealment holster. I'm a big aficionado of the Glock 18. It's gone through several iterations. Many folks don't realize it has been around since the earliest days. Also, there have been several attempts to slow the cyclic rate. Since those failed, they went to the ported barrel/slide that currently exists. Of course, firing the gun at night would make your night vision disappear along with being able to see the front sight!

The only other similar gun that gives me wood like that is the Beretta 93R. There's already another thread about that...

Funny thing with the compensator- one of my Glocks is a 17C, and to be honest, I get enough muzzle flash with my personal defense ammunition that I'm not sure the "C" would trash my night vision that much worse than my tradionally-barrelled guns. Of course, 34 flashes in under 3 seconds would probably be pretty darned blinding.

WRT the G-18 vs the Kriss, agreed, apples to oranges. I imagine one would need a lot of experience with full-auto to take advantage of what the G-18 has to offer. For those further along on the shooter's learning curve, it's a heck of a tool; for guys like me, a SMG/bullpup/carbine platform would be a more effective option.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Watch this space.
If I were going the small SMG route, I'd stick with the HK MP7...

Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Here is another view of the slide top-down...this thing looks like a fire-breathing dragon.

And for Chris...I've heard these things will literally disappear under a jacket with the factory sling...that's impressive.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:49 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Having met Mr. Glock, been in his office, and having a friend who calls him "the old man" (a few of you will get that more than most); I've had the privilege of spewing many rounds through one of these, at the Glock range no less. It is not a stretch to say that you can count on one hand the things that you can do with your hands, that are more fun.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Watch this space.
More win than you can handle:

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Because it's an afterthought. Grab the slide and pull back to release like everyone on the planet.
I just like to be different... not "like everyone on the planet. "

Quick Reply: I love lamp...SUTLER NO NEED TO COMMENT...THANKS!