Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   The Team Speed Shooting Range (https://teamspeed.com/forums/team-speed-shooting-range/)
-   -   Lunch at the club (https://teamspeed.com/forums/team-speed-shooting-range/49200-lunch-club.html)

chokeu2 10-21-2010 04:06 PM

Lunch at the club

A new gun club just opened up about two miles from my house. It is awesome.
Top of the line facility, private room for members, wireless access, flat screens, cleaning counter with everything you need to clean your gear, lockers.

Since it is so close, I will be spending a lot of lunch hours there; and working from there! Why not?

Today results.
Everything was shot with the target at 25 yards.

Each grouping is one magazine.
The XDM 9 is new to me, but I REALLY like the ergo's on this thing. It is taking some getting used to with the trigger, but I REALLY like it. A lot. Never been able to say that about combat tupperware.

Yes, that is the FN version of the SCAR. Get one for yourself. No zombies are making it down my drive way.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...2/IMAG0624.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ay10_21_10.jpg

And yes, I do take pics of my groupings every time I practice. I used to go shoot at the very least, once a week. But once I moved my office, I couldn't do that anymore. Then this gun club opened up two miles from my subdivision... and oh baby... It's on. Again.

Sadly, this is the first time in roughly 8 months I've gone shooting? Maybe more? Time flies.

smokinghot4cars 10-21-2010 04:41 PM

What are you preparing for!! Seems a little extreme?

PatrickHenry 10-21-2010 04:47 PM

awesome post!

stuka 10-21-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars (Post 740709)

Speaking like a Californian who doesn't like guns.:hilarious:;)

Zombies, of course.:welcome:

chokeu2 10-21-2010 05:04 PM

LOL!

Preparing for?

Well... I happen to love shooting! It is actually a very fun, precise sport, or activity. It satisfies and stimulates me mentally and physically! I'd call that a win. :D

Now... if some damn zombie came a callin, he's toast. The trigger on that Roma AK is SWEET. In each of those AK circles, there are 20 rounds of ever lovin 7.62 goodness, iron sites.

The SCAR, with that optic on it, would make pink zombie mist from many, many, many, many football fields away.

I've been a lifelong shooter. It is was something I "focused on" (pun intended) in the military. I'm a 30 year martial artist, firearms are a martial craft.

Preparing for? Nah... Just enjoying an activity!

No different than our shared predilection to fine auto's.

Oh... and what you see there, no even the half of it... Those are just what I haven't shot in a while. And one new one that I hadn't shot at all until today (XDM 9mm).

Some buy watches, expensive jeans... you get the point. :smilie:

stuka 10-21-2010 05:16 PM

Brian,

You forgot that smoking lives in a state that gave us Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstein.

All three are for the permanent reinstatement of the Federal AWB.

I hope to God that Boxer is sent packing. She has a new ad showing a picture of an AK and how evil Carly is for opposing the federal AWB.

chokeu2 10-21-2010 05:22 PM

Ah...

Good points.

Those idiots who want to piss on the Second Amendment need to understand that gun control is actually proper site alignment and picture, combined with proper trigger squeeze. They'd do well to remember that.

smokinghot4cars 10-21-2010 05:27 PM

Just seems like a lot weapons. BTW Boxer and Brown will win. Whitman and Fiorina are Quacks!!!!!!!!! Whitman is frankly scary.

gmaccormack 10-21-2010 05:28 PM

I wish we had the right to bear arms in Canada. But we don't.

CrazyRuskie 10-21-2010 05:28 PM

No such thing as having too many weapons for a law abiding citizen IMO. Awesome post!

stuka 10-21-2010 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars (Post 740777)
Just seems like a lot weapons. BTW Boxer and Brown will win. Whitman and Fiorina are Quacks!!!!!!!!! Whitman is frankly scary.

Obviously you are OK with Calpers and how they are running California to the ground with their control of the Democrats who control California.

We are voting for Whitman and Fiorina. Both actually know a thing or two about business, and don't like to piss on the Constitution, unlike the Democrats and their intense hate for the 2nd amendment.

Did you know that Feinstein has a CCW in a state where it is near impossible to have one? If she was truely anti 2nd amendment, shouldn't she give up her CCW?

chokeu2 10-21-2010 05:35 PM

Why does that seem like a lot of weapons?

Is it your assumption that I'm one moment away from committing a violent, criminal act? Do you assume that because it is what you would do if you had such things in your possession?

People use evil weapons in the act of self defense FAR more than they are used for criminal acts.

I'm curious about your mind set? "Seems like a lot of weapons", how? What rational basis? I enjoy the sport of shooting, and I will certainly not use them in a violent criminal act. Unless, the government makes me a criminal simply because I own them, as I'm entitled according to the second amendment; and they try to take them.

Boxer... Now there is an oxygen thief. And you're calling Fionna and Whitman quacks? Seriously? And Pelosi??? Really??? Those are your standards of sanity and leadership? Wow... Speaks to your statement, "seems like a lot of weapons".

McRae 10-21-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by stuka (Post 740727)

:respekt:

smokinghot4cars 10-21-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by chokeu2 (Post 740792)
Why does that seem like a lot of weapons?

Is it your assumption that I'm one moment away from committing a violent, criminal act? Do you assume that because it is what you would do if you had such things in your possession?

People use evil weapons in the act of self defense FAR more than they are used for criminal acts.

I'm curious about your mind set? "Seems like a lot of weapons", how? What rational basis? I enjoy the sport of shooting, and I will certainly not use them in a violent criminal act. Unless, the government makes me a criminal simply because I own them, as I'm entitled according to the second amendment; and they try to take them.

Boxer... Now there is an oxygen thief. And you're calling Fionna and Whitman quacks? Seriously? And Pelosi??? Really??? Those are your standards of sanity and leadership? Wow... Speaks to your statement, "seems like a lot of weapons".

Your words not mine...just sayin.

Ryan in SD 10-21-2010 10:11 PM

You must be from CA.. oh wait yah, you are.

Ryan in SD 10-21-2010 10:15 PM

Choke, glad you found a nice place to shoot so close by, be glad you dont live in CA. The nearest indoor range is 10mins away which is lucky but other than that its 40+ min drive for another indoor range or if Im lucky enough 1hr+ for some desolate blm land.

Also our laws here in CA make me give up on our idiotic species. I seriously have no hope for another 5-10 generations of our country.

Chris from Cali 10-21-2010 10:23 PM

B - When did you get a SCAR? I love mine... It looks like I'll be in your neck of the woods again in early Dec. I'll let you know when I have fixed dates.

X2daC 10-21-2010 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by stuka (Post 740727)
Speaking like a Californian who doesn't like guns.:hilarious:;)

If Choke is preparing for zombies, seven out of those eight groups aren't going to do anything to bring them down.

Alzilla 10-21-2010 10:48 PM

Brian, I'm definitely making a B-Line for your house as soon as I hear of the first zombie attack!

bonehead 10-21-2010 11:25 PM

Nice arsenal! Sounds like the Scottsdale Gun Club. No food there, but it's pretty snazzy for a shooting range.

stuka 10-21-2010 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by bonehead (Post 741078)
Nice arsenal! Sounds like the Scottsdale Gun Club. No food there, but it's pretty snazzy for a shooting range.

How about we trade, you get the soup dumpling, and I get NFA items and CCW?:whistle:

bonehead 10-21-2010 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by stuka (Post 741080)
How about we trade, you get the soup dumpling, and I get NFA items and CCW?:whistle:

With all the Asians in TX, maybe we should both move there. I can get my Chinese food and you can get a KAC suppressor:)

stuka 10-21-2010 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by bonehead (Post 741082)
With all the Asians in TX, maybe we should both move there. I can get my Chinese food and you can get a KAC suppressor:)

I started a thread about that just now...

They have 99 Ranch in Houston now, you know?

bonehead 10-22-2010 12:23 AM

There's actually one here in PHX of all places at the Chinese cultural center in downtown.
Went down there in search of the ever elusive soup dumpling. No go. And the sum sum was meh:(

Back to topic. I need to go shoot. Weather is finally breaking (80 highs Woot!) Will probably hit the outdoor ranges sometime in Nov/Dec:)

StrikerX50 10-22-2010 03:51 AM

That table looks a little light on hardware.

I need to get my ass back into shooting, but the nearest indoor range is almost an hour away and winter's coming so it's not much fun trucking out to the boonies.

slik560 10-22-2010 10:32 AM

Nice collection (at least the part you displayed ;) ) Time for me to get back into the sport. I've not picked up a weapon since leaving the Army, but with all the gang activity and the spread of crime in our area, it's time. I'm lucky in that I found a club/range/dealer that's been in the area for 36+ years and is only 4 miles from the house! Choosing a firearm for home defense is not going to be easy - the choices seem endless. :shrug:

chokeu2 10-22-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars (Post 740847)
Your words not mine...just sayin.

Actually bro, "my words" were based upon your comment.

You said that it seemed like a lot of weapons. I am very curious as to why you would say that.

Saying "your words not mine", is not a response. Unfortunately, in the majority of cases where someone like you makes such a comment, no logical justification materializes.

chokeu2 10-22-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by X2daC (Post 741055)
If Choke is preparing for zombies, seven out of those eight groups aren't going to do anything to bring them down.

LOL! True... Zombies do require something that will make a bigger, sloppier hole.

chokeu2 10-22-2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by slik560 (Post 741340)
Nice collection (at least the part you displayed ;) ) Time for me to get back into the sport. I've not picked up a weapon since leaving the Army, but with all the gang activity and the spread of crime in our area, it's time. I'm lucky in that I found a club/range/dealer that's been in the area for 36+ years and is only 4 miles from the house! Choosing a firearm for home defense is not going to be easy - the choices seem endless. :shrug:

An Army guy with a shotgun is a nasty, nasty thing!

IMHO, if there is only one gun in the home for home defense, it would be a shotgun. OR, a weapon of suitable caliber with a laser site. Part of the fun is choosing!

MIL996 10-25-2010 01:59 PM

Is that a Scar-L or Scar-H and how do you like it? I picked up an ACR (Supposed to be similar) and it was pretty heavy stock. I been looking at a scar and was wondering how you feel about the weight.

b9ev 10-25-2010 02:29 PM

Awesome! This reminds me that I have an indoor shooting range right by my office!

I'd be surprised if those were the only firearms Brian owns.

chokeu2 10-25-2010 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by MIL996 (Post 743935)
Is that a Scar-L or Scar-H and how do you like it? I picked up an ACR (Supposed to be similar) and it was pretty heavy stock. I been looking at a scar and was wondering how you feel about the weight.

That only thing that I do not like about it is that you can't change the barrel quickly.

As far as the weight. Well... I spent time as a 60 gunner before I got to carry around a more precise weapon, and I LOVED carrying that hawg. So the weight on this thing is of no concern. And it wouldn't be if I was carrying a full load. Not many people can say they carried a hawg and a PRC, let alone say they enjoyed it. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure how the hell that happened... Two targets in one! Oh wait, I do remember, the commo guy hurt his ankle. Anyways... memories...

chokeu2 10-25-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by b9ev (Post 743970)
Awesome! This reminds me that I have an indoor shooting range right by my office!

I'd be surprised if those were the only firearms Brian owns.

The first time I read that, I thought it said "in" your office. I was about to be very jealous.

And you're right, the scene is kind of like an iceberg. In many ways. :D

thedude 10-25-2010 06:09 PM

This, ladies and gentleman is why california is destined to go to the wolves.

Choke, great collection you got there buddy. Cant wait to finally make my way out to a gun range where I can actually fire my SCAR.

Chris from Cali 10-25-2010 06:30 PM

FWIW, I also have a SCAR. They are REALLY light - I'm a big fan of the ergonomics except for the reciprocating charging handle. Good thing you can put it on either side, since I moved mine to the right side of the rifle and just do the "hand over" technique to cock it.

Also, the barrel is pretty easy to change (much easier than an AR or H&K). It takes 6 hex nuts to remove and the barrel comes out. The bad part is the complete lack of short barrels since the gas block is integral. Once I can get a factory short barrel (12"), I will.