Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   The Team Speed Shooting Range (https://teamspeed.com/forums/team-speed-shooting-range/)
-   -   FS: Sig Sauer 556 SWAT (https://teamspeed.com/forums/team-speed-shooting-range/47733-fs-sig-sauer-556-swat.html)

Scott in Houston 01-30-2011 10:34 AM

I see these are older posts... is this still for sale?

What are you going to do when the zombie apocalypse occurs and you're without your Sig? :)
Seriously, is it still for sale?

bonehead 01-30-2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scott in Houston (Post 839258)
I see these are older posts... is this still for sale?

What are you going to do when the zombie apocalypse occurs and you're without your Sig? :)
Seriously, is it still for sale?

Sorry, Scott. Forgot to update. This was sold a while ago.

I personally don't believe a semi auto rifle is the best defense in a zombie onslaught anyway. I will always have my Mossy 590A1, assortment of slugs and double naught shot to take out a few undead at one time and my HK45c for close quarters.:smilie:

Scott in Houston 01-30-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by bonehead (Post 839263)
Sorry, Scott. Forgot to update. This was sold a while ago.

I personally don't believe a semi auto rifle is the best defense in a zombie onslaught anyway. I will always have my Mossy 590A1, assortment of slugs and double naught shot to take out a few undead at one time and my HK45c for close quarters.:smilie:

Well, it's the 30 round capacity that is key. Love shotguns... trust me, I love me some shotguns, but I haven't found one with 30 shots/rounds yet. :)

Glad you sold it. A new 556 SWAT is now $900 at some places! Sig has been dropping the prices on them lately.

I will still end up with a 516, but I've just bought a 2nd house, and until I'm back to one mortgage, I won't be buying anything expensive for a while.

bonehead 01-30-2011 11:06 AM

$900?? Yikes. I of course bought it at the peak. Been making a steady decline in price ever since. Good thing my buyer didn't see any of those $900 deals:)

Scott in Houston 01-30-2011 11:08 AM

I think the $900 deals just started this week... literally.
I almost got one as a result, but still really like the 516.

Was your 556 pretty reliable? Did you like it?

bonehead 01-30-2011 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Scott in Houston (Post 839283)
I think the $900 deals just started this week... literally.
I almost got one as a result, but still really like the 516.

Was your 556 pretty reliable? Did you like it?

Reliable, accurate. Main complaint was weight. Way too heavy to lug around a post-nuclear wasteland defending against zombies.:) The picatinny rail added a tremendous amount of weight to the barrel side. But if you're hunkered down on a rooftop or in a ditch and slap it on a tripod, I can't think of much else I'd rather have.

Scott in Houston 01-30-2011 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by bonehead (Post 839286)
Reliable, accurate. Main complaint was weight. Way too heavy to lug around a post-nuclear wasteland defending against zombies.:) The picatinny rail added a tremendous amount of weight to the barrel side. But if you're hunkered down on a rooftop or in a ditch and slap it on a tripod, I can't think of much else I'd rather have.

Good to know.
Since I'm not a wuss, the weight is probably fine. :smilie:

I will stick to the 516 but that $300 price difference makes it a tough call.

My current Katrina-like society breakdown or meteor impact zombie apocalypse rifle is a lever action 30-30. I feel like http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs18/rifleman-header.jpg

But lack capacity of 30 rounds!

bonehead 02-05-2012 05:10 PM

^^not sure if you're posting those for sale or asking for a trade. But I sold the Sig a year ago to a local in AZ.

Christian 02-05-2012 05:13 PM

^oops, fixed, dunno how that happened

DBV 10-29-2013 04:41 PM

Someone please UN-sticky this. I keep getting excited for no reason, every time I visit this sub-forum.