Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

How much SHTF ammo are you guys keeping?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
I have a few cases of ammo that I bought before the election and some after, but before the huge price hike. I have stopped buying in quantity at the current prices.

I've been following the prices of ammo and what is available pretty closely since November 4th, and contrary to popular belief, I think ammo prices are going to drop pretty sharply in the next few months. There is about to be a huge influx of ammo on the market soon as the manufacturers catch up, and surplus starts coming back from Iraq. As an example, Federal is now selling surplus 50 BMG in black eagle boxes, and they recently released black eagle value packs of XM193. A day after the election, a lot of this stuff was out of stock, and people were buying up what was already produced.
When February and March roll around, and Obama hasn't even thought about doing anything even closely related to guns since he'll be neck deep in the US's economic collapse, the anxiety people have over hording ammo is going to subside. These scumbag gun dealers, who frankly should be deported, will start lowering their prices on ammo as less people have an interest in buying it in bulk. Used car salesmen have more integrity than most people that work in gun shops, and they have been playing off of people's paranoia, controlling supply and outright lying about what the future is going to bring in order to bolster sales.
My suggestion is to buy what you feel you would need in a disaster situation to survive. Then, as you see deals pop up from time to time, buy what you need to keep yourself shooting at the range and throw a few rounds/boxes of each of those purchases into your SHTF stash.

Last edited by Josh; 12-03-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

People would better served having supplies wherever you think your personal E&E plan takes you, in the event of a SHTF even such as a WMD going off in a city near you. Buy as the deals present themselves, and as you're able. But don't buy at the expense of other preparedness items.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Do any of you AR-15 owners have the .22 caliber kit? My pal had one. You just dropped it in and you could shoot .22 caliber rounds with the AR. Great setup.

I have about 5,000 rounds between my 6 guns. I feel pretty safe with that right now.

I hear some of those .22 kits come with a coupon that entitles the purchaser to a discounted rate on a vaginoplasty.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Josh
I hear some of those .22 kits come with a coupon that entitles the purchaser to a discounted rate on a vaginoplasty.
Ha Ha Ha! Good one.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Josh
Hilarious.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond repute
Hey thanks guys I'll prob go buy 500 rounds over the next few weeks in addition to my practice rounds. Although I am getting addicted to shooting again this could get expensive...

Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You gentlemen have raised an interesting question... How do we know we'll be at home if SHTF?... 30 rounds .45, 11 rounds .357 on my person...+ what I keep in my truck.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
shakazulu12 is an unknown quantity at this point
1,000 rounds each of .40, 9mm and .45. I always keep 1,000 rounds handy and re-stock as supplies get towards that number from general shooting.

I get almost everything from ammoman.