Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Koenigsegg working on 700 horsepower sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:06 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Koenigsegg working on 700 horsepower sedan

The upcoming Aston Martin Rapide and Porsche Panamera have created their own market for high-performance four-door sports sedans. Koenigsegg will also jump in on the action with a prototype that is expected to debut at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show.

According to Koenigsegg’s Dubai Manager, Andreas, Petre, that spoke with CAR Middle East, Koenigsegg is working on a 700-hp V8 powered four-door sedan that will hit the market by 2011. He said that the car has been in development for the past two years but is looking to fans of the brand in the Gulf for more investment to get the project going.

Petre said that the Koenigsegg four-door sedan will weigh less than any other performance sports sedan on sale (yeah, it’ll probably cost more than two performance sedans put together) and will have a top speed of 217 mph. Currently Koenigsegg is producing 35 units a year of the CCX coupe. Petre said that the four-door will be a little cheaper than the CCX and will help Koenigsegg boost production to 70-80 cars a year.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Wtf?! I did not see that coming!
Sounds like a very stupid plan, the costs of producing a whole new model must be huge. I thought that their economy was just getting good..

Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, I think it is their answer to SSC 220mph sedan. Not sure if they both can pull it off...

Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Lightest performance sports sedan to date? Well, it certainly has my attention.

Good luck, Koenigsegg.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ

The upcoming Aston Martin Rapide and Porsche Panamera have created their own market for high-performance four-door sports sedans. Koenigsegg will also jump in on the action with a prototype that is expected to debut at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show.
]
That's funny, I thought the high-performance 4-door sedan market was pretty much created by Mercedes-Benz in 1966, and "legitimized" by AMG's Hammer in the mid 1980's.

Also kinda figured that neither the Panamera or the Rapide (not to mention the VW CC) wouldn't even exist without MB's CLS models being the big successes they were ...

... maybe I'm biased?

Old 08-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if they're serious or if it's just another way of getting investors. If they do proceed and produce the car, it'll be worth waiting for. The Koenigsegg factory is just 15 miles from where I am right now, maybe I should go over there and try to get some spy shots

Old 08-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure you can beat the Rapide in terms of a mix of style and speed.