Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Ssc tuatara

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunkizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Ssc tuatara

So whats the latest on this car? Are they really going bust?

Old 12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
done they are broke....

Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
sox
Teamspeed Junior Member
sox is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard something recently, I can't remember where, that some of their foreign investments finally pulled through. Still not convinced that the Tuatara is anything other than doa, as much as that saddens me.

It seems that SSC and Gumpert both had their recent brushes with the grave come about after trying to break into the Chinese market; my sense is that there was a lot of money promised from Chinese partners that was spent in anticipation but then never materialized. I'm curious if anybody could shed some more light on this.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
Never felt that good about a car named Twatru.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunkizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Sad,heard they had 5 confirmed orders. Wonder what happened then. Very nice car though,if only it went into production.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
It is at this point that one would hope an SSC representative would jump in to the thread and say all is well, which they sadly dont seem to do.
Although they did resurface a few months ago and announce the SSC Aero XT. Mr Leverett care to jump in at this point and restore our confidence?
The cold silence does not bode well. I hope to hear from someone in SSC, id love to see the car come good.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Me too, i hope that someone gives us hope soon. That Castriota design cannot go down the drain! Not to talk about the rest...

Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
I can not help but compare the design of the Tuatara with the Maserati Birdcage 75th Anniversary.
The Maserati Birdcage 75th was a concept car created and designed by Pininfarina design team led by Lowie Vermeersch, Including Jason Castriota and Giuseppe Randazzo under the direction of Ken Okuyama.

Interior:
The cabin has a Head-Up Display (HUD) which is projected on to a clear panel raised in the centre of the dash. It shows information that would usually appear on dashboard instruments, including the tachometer and speedometer. Also projected is a digital image of Maserati's traditional analogue clock.

Unfortunately not successful, I hope to succeed SSC.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I looked at their site and it appears they are extending production of the current SSC2 but no word on the tuatara which agreed is a shame it is such a beautiful design.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
So whats happening? There was a flurry of activity, and tweets and facebook messages, and ground breaking for a new factory a few months ago. As well as the first completed Ultimate Aero XT, and yet it all seems to have gone quiet again??? Anyone know if there is life in SSC or have they really gone this time?

Last edited by alan w; 12-07-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Ssc tuatara