Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Supercars (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/)
-   -   Pagani is at it again (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/80896-pagani-again.html)

mattjs33 09-25-2013 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by streetrod454 (Post 1442501)
Yeah but you did not phone them like I suggested, you need to get hold of the guys in the PR dept.

An email out of no where is unlikely to get a response, lets be serious.

But if your end game is to continue this pointless speculation then carry on, you will be very unlikely to get the answers you seek

Do you think a phone call out of nowhere is more likely to get a response than an email out of nowhere? Is that why they bother having "Contact Us" with an email form on their website? Just trying to follow.

Maybe if I get a chance next week I'll try calling them anyway, just to humor you. Not sure why it bothers you so much.

Because my conclusion at this point is that Pagani is probably not up to anything devious, but rather that the person(s) responsible for the U.S. compliance program should be reprimanded for incompetence. It's stated very clearly on the NHTSA website that the task of compliance is completed by affixing a label on the car stating that it is compliant. I've got nothing to do with manufacturing cars and I've understood this for a couple years now.

That someoned with the responsibility of this task has bungled it so badly is laughable, to be frank. What was the possible cause, or motive for copying the Koenigsegg plate? I can come up with some conspiracies if you want but it looks like they really just had no idea what they were doing.

Again we can't establish the current compliance state of the Huayra, but the issue is kind of moot because if they say it is, then it is. So to have that plate on any Huayra, even a demo car, should be embarrassing at the least.

Mixtape 09-25-2013 06:43 PM

E-mails give them more time to "think" (stress on think) about what they want to reply with; a phone call requires an immediate response and is, of course, less of a hassle.

For you and Pagani PR.

Just call. Damn.

alwin 09-25-2013 10:19 PM

What's their number? I'll call.

Tango 09-25-2013 10:43 PM

Phone number listed on their official website +39 059 473 9201

D55L 09-30-2013 03:10 AM

I have just heard that one US dealer informed customers that Huayra is approved for the road use in the country and official statement will follow in coming weeks.

Also, one petrol-head visited the factory few weeks ago and saw two US-spec car being assembled - red/CF and full black.

Guess mystery will be solved for good soon enough.

Peloton25 09-30-2013 05:08 AM

I know quite a bit about the subject Matt has raised here and he is correct on all points. A real explanation from Pagani as to why that appeared on their car would be anything but pretty. I suspect we won't be getting one. ;)

My bet is that we won't ever see another approval plaque exactly like that one affixed to another Huayra again.

>8^)
ER

mattjs33 10-02-2013 03:52 PM

Well, I was ready to call Pagani on Monday (in fact I had the number in my pocket). But then my wife went into labor Saturday night and things have been hectic and re-prioritized ever since!

Once we and our new daughter establish a new "normal" I'll get back on this, but by now as Erik says I doubt we'll ever get the straight scoop.

Tango 10-02-2013 04:06 PM

Congratulations @mattjs33, I think you will be in Sport mode for a while. :)

mattjs33 10-02-2013 07:23 PM

Thanks Tango! Rough night last night as we've made some errors, as I'm sure all new parents do (Attaining sleep thus far has been like trying to find a virgin in Vegas). But we've made some adjustments and are hoping tonight will be better.

Totally worth it, btw. She is the sweetest little girl in the world!

Sorry for the off-topic guys!

exRockstar 10-02-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by mattjs33 (Post 1443003)
Thanks Tango! Rough night last night as we've made some errors, as I'm sure all new parents do (Attaining sleep thus far has been like trying to find a virgin in Vegas). But we've made some adjustments and are hoping tonight will be better.

Totally worth it, btw. She is the sweetest little girl in the world!

Sorry for the off-topic guys!

😉👏👏👏👍👍congrats mattjs33!!!!