Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Breaking news: Guinness withdraws world speed record from Bugatti Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:57 AM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
MrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by John Hennessey
I am certainly not a spokesperson for Guinness. But the point I was making was that the speed tests need to be done on a controlled road or test track, runway, etc. More specifically, Guinness told me that we could not attempt such a speed run on the Autobahn or other road that would put the public at risk. Temporarily closed if it was a county or state road / highway. The Guinness rep did also tell me that they wanted to allow the rules to be fair and broad enough such that others can attempt to break existing records. My overall experience in dealing with Guinness was very good. They really went out of their way to explain their process and I learned a lot from them. Are they perfect? No. And they do need to get some more specific help when it comes to the technicalities of setting speed records. Hopefully they can keep it simple and make use of modern technology like VBox GPS instead of timing lights.
thanks to the anwsers John. I would love to see you and mr ksegg get a invite to Ehra-leisen, but well might aswell wish for a billion dollar win ticket haha

Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunkizz is an unknown quantity at this point
"The Guinness requirements for "fastest 2-seat vehicle" are even more stringent"

Lets not argue then. Thats what the Venom Gt is. Lets give it to them.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
I am very disappointed with the whole situation......

Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Who really cars, 100 years from now Bugatti will still be Bugatti and Hennessy will be on "where are they now".

Bugatti's racing heritage is legend and always will be

Old 04-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Damn....no more speedrecord ? I better start looking for my receipt and hope I have warranty left. Wouldn't want to be stuck with a car, that can't do 430+ km/h.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I feel like this question should be reasonable enough for an answer.

John, out of curiosity (no disrespect intended), why are the Venoms being registered as Lotus' and can you enlighten us at all as to what needs to be done to change that?

Last edited by TheStigSC; 04-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
John Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant future
Guys, I've enjoyed spending time discussing some details with you. But I have given you more information than I have shared with any other major media outlet. And if I keep giving you details, you will keep asking for more. So I am going to respectfully stop here. Thank you for your continued interest in our car. I have learned much in my interaction with guys like Matt.

We are just getting going on the Venom GT program. And in due time, many of your other questions will be answered by the auto media.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You answered one question that wasn't even about the car...I give up.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
SSC is claiming the record is theirs again: SSC North America- Home of the Tuatara & Ultimate Aero

No statement from Guniess yet? I'd like to know if the 50 car rule is legit. Wouldn't it be funny to see the F1 back on top?

Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 AM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
MrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enough
when i saw this i litterly craped my pants laughing...
They made how many aeros? also ksegg agera r is way faster.

And a ssc having a laprecord at nurburgring? lmao they must be passing around some nice weed over at SSC

Quick Reply: Breaking news: Guinness withdraws world speed record from Bugatti Veyron