Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Koenigsegg Joins Teamspeed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
Zup.....

Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Former Sponsor
Koenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond reputeKoenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup has a reputation beyond repute
I guess i can answer this.

Regarding Nurburgring, i was there in April last year with the owner of the red Agera just to drive/have fun. It was no attempt to set any records or anything like that, just driving an amazing car on the worlds best track for the fun of it. I did a couple of quick laps, and many slow ones just to get a feel for the car on that track. As you can imagine, its quite intimidating although i know both the car and the track very well. I needed to recalibrate my senses because the Agera R was so much faster than anything else i have been driving around the ring. The two fast laps i did was very promising, so i am very convinced a professional driver ( Not me) will set an extremely good lap time, thats all i can tell you

Of course, all sports car manufacturers see the importance of both a lap record on Nürburgring as well as the Top Gear track. We are no exemption from this of course, so IF we decide to do anything about it im sure you will read about it here.

Jens

Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup

Regarding Nurburgring, i was there in April last year with the owner of the red Agera just to drive/have fun. It was no attempt to set any records or anything like that, just driving an amazing car on the worlds best track for the fun of it. I did a couple of quick laps, and many slow ones just to get a feel for the car on that track. As you can imagine, its quite intimidating although i know both the car and the track very well. I needed to recalibrate my senses because the Agera R was so much faster than anything else i have been driving around the ring. The two fast laps i did was very promising, so i am very convinced a professional driver ( Not me) will set an extremely good lap time, thats all i can tell you

Of course, all sports car manufacturers see the importance of both a lap record on Nürburgring as well as the Top Gear track. We are no exemption from this of course, so IF we decide to do anything about it im sure you will read about it here.

Jens

Damn, I was hoping for a nice Swedish surprise on this season of Top Gear.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg-Jens Sverdrup

Jens
Next time you come down to the ring give me a shout. I live 70km from there and would love to come and have a look.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS. Great to have you here.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM
naz
Teamspeed Pro
naz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Team!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 AM
Former Sponsor
Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Koenigsegg Junus You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by streetrod454
Hi Junus, welcome to Teamspeed, its great to have you guys on here. I think I would not be out of line to say that Koenigsegg as a company has the power to provoke much partisan debate on here and other sites, and I am as guilty as any in contributing to that debate

So it’s great that you guys will be able to add the facts to the speculation and rumour.

So here is my first question to you guys, can we expect Koenigsegg to offer an Agera R up for test on Top Gear like you did with the CCX back in the day. It would be great to get a track time?

And second will you be going for a time at the Ring anytime soon to back up your recent record runs?
Hi, thank you for the welcome. Also, we enjoy the debates, thank you for your engagement. We are here to fill in any gaps where facts, answer questions (when we can), and provide a company perspective. Otherwise, feel free to debate like we're not here, .

Regarding your questions, they are important ones. Unfortunately, due to various reason, at times we won't be able to answer questions.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to know what happened to the the Agera R that got caught in the chinese customs, where is it today and maybe you have something to contribute to that story?

And another question. Bård eker, owner of a part of Koenigsegg and owner of a red Agera R has said that he did 401,6km/h on the nurburgring straight, is that confirmed? There has alot of discussions about this on various forums and some people are sceptical and said that is not possible. What are your thoughts?

And again, it is awesome to have you guys here answering our questions.

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 01-31-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
great having you guys here. I'm also enjoying the videos done by Drive at your factory.

Keep up the good work

Old 02-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Welcome Koenigsegg..!! Happy to have you here

Quick Reply: Koenigsegg Joins Teamspeed