Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
So Bugatti is correct when they say a more powerful Veyron is not coming...

Old 01-17-2014, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ecnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura about
Once more: there will be no superVeyron.

"We will not produce a ‘SuperVeyron' or Veyron Plus, definitely," said the Bugatti president, who who was key in the development of the Veyron back in the early Noughties as Bugatti's Technical Director. "There will be no more power. 1200PS is enough for the chapter of Veyron and its derivatives."

Wolfgang Schreiber: “No SuperVeyron, no four-door Bugatti” - TopGear.com

Old 01-17-2014, 05:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
And there're left only 60 cars in stock. I don't believe that they will sell the rest of the cars.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
speedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nicespeedsters is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ecnelis
Once more: there will be no superVeyron.

"We will not produce a ‘SuperVeyron' or Veyron Plus, definitely," said the Bugatti president, who who was key in the development of the Veyron back in the early Noughties as Bugatti's Technical Director. "There will be no more power. 1200PS is enough for the chapter of Veyron and its derivatives."

Wolfgang Schreiber: “No SuperVeyron, no four-door Bugatti” - TopGear.com
Just goes to show what I have said for a long time now. A lot of these members on TS and other forums that claim to be in the know and have insight into the development of upcoming cars usually dont have insight into shit, they make assumptions based on previous developments and dive into the interwebz rumor mills. Plenty of examples on here for those who have time for a search. Mind you there are one or two people that actually have produced correct info but they usually drown out in the never ending sea of the "I've seen it and know it all but I signed a NDA"-masses.

Sorry for the

Old 01-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll copy this (mostly) directly from one of my posts on a different subject elsewhere, funny how it applies perfectly here.

Consider that upon release Bugatti announced they would build 300 Veyron coupes, and when the Grand Sport debuted they said they would build an additional 150 of those. The way I see it, the Super Sport was built specifically to get the speed record back, but I think the Vitesse was made to try to clear out the remaining Grand Sport production.

Let's face it, the production Veyron debuted for all intents and purposes way back in 2004! The car is essentially unchaged since then and extremely long in the tooth, in particular for this sector of the market. They just aren't selling anymore. Anybody who wanted one already has one. Maybe everyone is waiting to see what Bugatti has up their sleeve next? But consider that Bugatti has still not yet sold all 150 Grand Sports and my feeling is they need to in order to further amortize the production costs. So even if the next car is already developed, there's no chance Bugatti is going to even mention it yet, for fear of jeopardizing the Veyron run-out.

How many more times can they trot out another variant of the same old thing? *yawn* There's only so many buyers in this rarified sector of the market and these people have already committed dollars to upcoming purchases. In the face of the P1/LaFerrari/918, how long can Bugatti afford to wait and possibly lose sales?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattjs33
I'll copy this (mostly) directly from one of my posts on a different subject elsewhere, funny how it applies perfectly here.

Consider that upon release Bugatti announced they would build 300 Veyron coupes, and when the Grand Sport debuted they said they would build an additional 150 of those. The way I see it, the Super Sport was built specifically to get the speed record back, but I think the Vitesse was made to try to clear out the remaining Grand Sport production.

Let's face it, the production Veyron debuted for all intents and purposes way back in 2004! The car is essentially unchaged since then and extremely long in the tooth, in particular for this sector of the market. They just aren't selling anymore. Anybody who wanted one already has one. Maybe everyone is waiting to see what Bugatti has up their sleeve next? But consider that Bugatti has still not yet sold all 150 Grand Sports and my feeling is they need to in order to further amortize the production costs. So even if the next car is already developed, there's no chance Bugatti is going to even mention it yet, for fear of jeopardizing the Veyron run-out.

How many more times can they trot out another variant of the same old thing? *yawn* There's only so many buyers in this rarified sector of the market and these people have already committed dollars to upcoming purchases. In the face of the P1/LaFerrari/918, how long can Bugatti afford to wait and possibly lose sales?
Excellent points

Old 01-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Definitely great points. Maybe they were a little too optimistic.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
I am really surprised they haven't sold the last 40 convertibles - I guess Bugatti doesn't have the same cachet it use to. Or maybe it's because of the new LaFerrari and P1 taking up market share?

Old 02-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
What about customers who already own a Bugatti and want a new version? They are obliged to wait for 40 -Veyron- find destination.

Sounds like something from extortion by Bugatti; unless they are aware that they will sell all remaining units. But how long can it take?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!