Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Bugatti shows world's fastest convertible at Qatar Motor Show 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Post Bugatti shows world's fastest convertible at Qatar Motor Show 2012

Name:  Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Qatar (1).jpg
Views: 2842
Size:  158.3 KB

The world's fastest convertible at Qatar Motor Show 2012

Doha/Qatar, 23rd January 2012 – The legendary European manufacturer takes part in Qatar Motor Show for the second time, presenting an exclusive and uniquely coloured model of the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport, which is the fastest, most powerful and most luxurious open top car in the world.

Throughout his life Ettore Bugatti experimented with different colour schemes and materials to create unique cars. The Grand Sport on display at Qatar Motor Show continues this tradition and has a horizontal colour split with a bright yellow body framed in visible black carbon, including black-tinted wheels. The striking contrast of black and yellow, Ettore Bugatti's favorite colours, is continued inside with seats finished in yellow-colored leather with black stitching. The middle console is in black carbon, while the dashboard, steering wheel and gearshift are made of black leather with yellow stitching. This Grand Sport model comes at a price of 1.58 million euros.

After the final order for the Bugatti Veyron coupé has been placed in June 2011, marking an end to the successful era and exclusive production run of 300 units of the supercar and its even faster cousin the Super Sport, the story of Bugatti's exceptional sports car is set to continue. Automotive connoisseurs have the opportunity to still acquire the Grand Sport and its supreme technology. When the roof is on, the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport can reach a top speed of 407 km/h, while speeds of up to 350 km/h are possible with the roof off. This makes the Grand Sport the fastest roadster in the world.

The Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport 16.4 will be assembled by hand at the company's headquarters in Molsheim, France. In cooperation with the Bugatti design and engineering team, Bugatti customers can tailor their vehicles to their personal preferences by choosing from a broad array of exquisite materials and colours. The Grand Sport model on display in Qatar demonstrates an ever growing number of options available to existing and new Grand Sport owners. Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. has limited the Grand Sport to 150 units of which 105 slots are still open. The standard version costs 1.4 million euros (excluding taxes and delivery)

Source [Bugatti]

Attached Images         

Last edited by Amzamus; 01-24-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
When I first saw the pictures of this photoshoot, I thought it was Bijan's GrandSport!
Needless to say, I kinda like both! This one being a little less tacky!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe if it had a black exterior you can appreciate the interior more, I think you can get bored of it being too yellow exterior wise.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Duff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alexsmolik
When I first saw the pictures of this photoshoot, I thought it was Bijan's GrandSport!
I am pretty sure Bijan ordered this Grand Sport before he passed away, but since he is not "here" anymore Bugatti can't sell the car to him, so they decided to present it as a one-off at the Qatar Motor Show.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alexsmolik
Yes. It looks like the Bijan's Veyron.

Name:  Bugatti-Veyron-Bijan-Profile.jpg
Views: 3278
Size:  219.1 KB

Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Isn't it the same one that was at Dubai earlier this year?? Was at the motorshow then saw the same car on a truck.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Amzamus
Yes. It looks like the Bijan's Veyron.
I wasn't really thinking about that one, but about his ordered GrandSport, the sneak peeks >>> L'hommage de Bugatti à Bijan Pakzad - Toutes les infos et l'actualité de Bugatti

But I think I'll side with you Duff Man.
They probably "revamped" the Bijan GrandSport edition to sell it better...

Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
whatever its reason for creation, it's still horrible to look at

Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeWheeler has a reputation beyond repute
It exterior looks pretty ok. The interior is super bright though. I wonder how someone can sit in all that yellow.

Quick Reply: Bugatti shows world's fastest convertible at Qatar Motor Show 2012