Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

CLS 63 AMG or F10 M5

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Get them both!

If not, Veyron.
\Thread.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:23 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go for the CLS. Looks about a million times better, and you don't have to change the CD with the engine sound on it every 5K miles.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I haven't driven the M5 yet, but I have spent a couple weekends of quality time with the CLS63 AMG from Mercedes-Benz's press fleet, and, uh, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm in love with that car.

Unless you're planning on tracking it regularly (and I'm not sure why anyone would track a two-ton sedan), the CLS63 will blow your mind and fill your heart with a joy you didn't know a four-door could bring. It's more fun than a night with Scarlett Johansson, and almost as sexy.

Unless you've dreamed of an M5 all your life or feel like waiting until fall for your new car, get the CLS63. Get the Performance Package, too.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:33 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
what exactly made you fall in love with it so deep?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
albert_hyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WSC
I haven't driven the M5 yet, but I have spent a couple weekends of quality time with the CLS63 AMG from Mercedes-Benz's press fleet, and, uh, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm in love with that car.

Unless you're planning on tracking it regularly (and I'm not sure why anyone would track a two-ton sedan), the CLS63 will blow your mind and fill your heart with a joy you didn't know a four-door could bring. It's more fun than a night with Scarlett Johansson, and almost as sexy.

Unless you've dreamed of an M5 all your life or feel like waiting until fall for your new car, get the CLS63. Get the Performance Package, too.
How was the shifting response? Do you feel delays when it went redline and shifted?

Old 02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cream168
Hmm good question, as far as I know all the new 2012 MB AMGs all come with the 7spd MCT and according to some source, for the C63BS at least, it shifts at 100ms which isn't half bad.

Mercedes C63 AMG Black Edition takes off full rip - YouTube

What's the difference between the SLS's DCT and the rest of the MB line MCT?
This guy said it pretty well in post 2.

C63 MCT comparison with M3 DCT - MBWorld.org Forums

Essentially, MCT is still more autotragic than traditional clutch type.

A well implemented DCT can deliver pretty close manual driving experience.

But since the M5 comes to the U.S. with something the Europeans do not get, ie, a clutch pedal, if it were me I would get it. Actually, when the CTSV wagon lease is up, I will probably seriously look into doing ED on the M5. Driving down the autobahn in a U.S. spec M5 with real clutch pedal sounds pretty good.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts

get that, i did

Old 02-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
M5 hands down

Old 02-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
M5 in Singapore Grey with Sakhir Orange interior.