Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Lake Veyron up for auction...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I must be the only one who doesn't get the whole Veyron thing.

For a million bucks, there are many other iconic and prettier cars I would rather have.

This thing needs to go 260mph because it is really hard to outrun ugly.
status symbol. there are sure prettier cars out there but if someone could afford a Veyron i guess owning others wouldn't be a problem. Bugatti i get it but frankly what i don't get is other kit-car companies that are making the million bucks cars. that's funny.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Bugatti i get it but frankly what i don't get is other kit-car companies that are making the million bucks cars. that's funny.
i.e.; Hennessey

Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Shutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Lake Lambo up for auction...
Fixed it for you

Old 01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
^I don't get it.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Shutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by POWERHOUSE
^I don't get it.
It's a stupid joke from the video of the Veyron crashing

One guy identifies it as a "Lambo"

Bugatti Veyron Lake Crash-- Original Video- 1st hand account - YouTube

Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Well if the Veyron costs more to produce than its retail price IIRC, then repairing it seems like it would cost more than it's market value as well (especially a ground-up rebuild like this one). $500k before repairs to buy this seems like a big reach, I hope the next owner knows what he's doing.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I love how he calls it Lambo and then says it will be his someday, sorry to burst your little bubble man, if you don't even know what that car is, you're probably not going to be able to get one. I've actually recently grown a slight disliking of the people I meet that have no idea what model, and In some cases make of the car they own. Pfft... Non-car-enthusiasts...

Old 01-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
Well if the Veyron costs more to produce than its retail price IIRC, then repairing it seems like it would cost more than it's market value as well (especially a ground-up rebuild like this one). $500k before repairs to buy this seems like a big reach, I hope the next owner knows what he's doing.
I'm sorry but the price of the car is not less than what it cost to produce it. That is dumb business.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sorry but the price of the car is not less than what it cost to produce it. That is dumb business.
Saying it cost more to produce then the selling price is good marketing! The marketers over a Bugatti say it cost 5mil to build. Bullshit. Trying to build in value to the car.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
It may be bad business, but it is what it is. VW spends more producing each Veyron than they make selling them at MSRP. Perhaps they catch up on their losses with maintenance & repair services, who knows. Research it and you'll see.

Quick Reply: Lake Veyron up for auction...