Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

The cost of owning a Bugatti Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Lol for someone to buy a Veyron they would have to be out of their mind. I fail to see how a Veyron could be anymore enjoyable to drive on the road and track as say a LP670-4 SV. The whole time you would be worried about getting a scratch on it and cost what $1000 to get a scratch removed!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Macca and Enzo over a Veyron until the day my accountant tells me I can afford to add it to the stable.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
A lot of the silly costs associated with the Veyron are down to the fact that no one else can service them or supply parts. A European Veyron has to have its tyres fitted at the factory and the tyres are only available from the factory. So you have to factor in transportation costs etc. Also the tyres are mad in ltd numbers. This still does not justify the cost, but if owners are willing to pay then thats the market value

Now if you think those costs are bad check this out. An alternator for a Veyron costs £40,000 and that does not include the cost of fitting which involves an engine removal. Total cost close to £80k

I think the big problem will come in 10 years time when a Veyron will be on its say its 4th owner. Will they still be willing to pay those sort of prices and what effect will this have on second hand values?

Old 01-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
I assume all the recommendations are in place so they don't get sued when a tire pops at 250mph. But seriously, how many owners will ever get it over 200mph, let alone often?

Old 01-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B4rad
Lol for someone to buy a Veyron they would have to be out of their mind. I fail to see how a Veyron could be anymore enjoyable to drive on the road and track as say a LP670-4 SV. The whole time you would be worried about getting a scratch on it and cost what $1000 to get a scratch removed!
If you own a Veyron, you probably aren't concerned with $50,000 here and there.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by streetrod454
I think the big problem will come in 10 years time when a Veyron will be on its say its 4th owner. Will they still be willing to pay those sort of prices and what effect will this have on second hand values?
I think some Veyrons are already on their 4th owners... Same case with the Reventon.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
haha, that is gross. Im wondering how much the 25k service would be?

Old 01-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Operating costs like these only help kill this breed of supercar; along with the hopes, dreams and pocketbook of the owner or future owners.

Most things that are pushing the edge of technology & engineering are prone to higher maintenence costs and reliability issues, in some cases, however this is way beyond extreme. Even if I were worth Billions, I just couldn't justify spending the price of another car on wheels and tires in that length of operational window. Insanity. I get it from a legal point of view. But, damn...just damn. With all that technology & engineering you have to remove the entire engine for an alternator replacement and it costs how much again? What happens if the/a waterpump goes? Spark plug replacements? And on & on. My eyes are glazing over... And the "Sledgehammer" Corvette did 255mph back in the '80s and I can replace the alternator with a wrench and the price of a good tip.

The extreme price of the vehicle itself should reflect its engineering superiority, use of superior materials and overall STRENGTH as a unit as compared to "lesser" cars. Tires, I get. Some metallurgy, I kinda get. But this goes beyond even being able to consider this kind of car "superior" to any other in anything other than top speed bragging rights. It certainly sounds like driving enjoyment, just not ownership enjoyment regardless of how much money I would personally have. To each their own I guess.

I hope that manufacturers such as Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, Porsche, etc. keep this sort of thing in mind when developing the Enzo II, Urus, etc... Make it better, make it stronger, tougher, make it less costly to maintain. For a million plus we should demand the best reliability and lower ownership costs in the auto business, all the while pushing the envelope.