Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
the series is getting exciting. so many factors change in every game.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO, true superstars, and I mean the absolute best of the best, perform at their best in the situations with the most pressure, when the ultimate prize is at stake. They do have their ups and downs in those situations, but the key is they have the balls to repeatedly put themselves in those situations....over and over again.

Dwade has delivered in the finals before and is definitely stepping up in this series.

Dirk has shown heart that I had no idea existed within him, especially after his performance in the latter part of the 2006 Finals against the Heat where he hit only 20 of 55 shots in the last 3 games as the Mavs went down. Shaking off the fever and horrible start to last night's game to deliver big in the end was amazing.

LeBron? Not sure what is going on with him. Maybe the reality of sharing (or even giving up) the glory with a player like Wade is setting in. My guess is LBJ will come up big in at least one of the last 3 games.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Speed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Showcase has a spectacular aura about
It's hard to say if games are set up. Remember the Ref that gambled on the games he worked. I'm a true believer some sporting events are set up to a certain extent. I did some gambling back then and it's amazing how Vegas comes up with the lines.

I agree - James was MIA this game and Terry finally showed up.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't worry James, I saw the sniper that shot you in the face

YouTube - ‪lebronisabitch‬‏

Old 06-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Lebron was definitely MIA.

Lets see what happens in the next 3 games.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
The zone really hurt the Heat.
Gotta give Carlisle credit here. The mavs were down 9 and he went to zone which disrupted the heat offense. When Spoelstra called a time out and designed a play for the zone, carlisle told hs team to go back to one on one which again disrupted the heat offense. When it was all said and done the heat were down 4 and were fighting from behind for the remaining minutes.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
My 2:20 tee time didn't have me in the clubhouse until halftime and had to listen to the 4th qtr on the radio driving home. It was great to see JT finally step up. Wade is unreal and where is LeBron? He is playing great D, but was he guarding Nowitski when he made the layup to put the Mavs up by 3? I honestly do not know. If the Heat lose this series, the blame should fall on Spoelstra and not LBJ, Wade, Bosh or anyone else on the Heat. The have really put together an impressive playoff run.

Pretty sure Lebron wasn't guarding Dirk on that layup..?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
2011 NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks' DeShawn Stevenson says Miami Heat's LeBron James 'checked out' of Game 4 - ESPN Dallas

I think this is an attempt at apologizing for calling out Wade/Lebron before game 4; classy move by him imo.

I didn't see much of him during the season, probably because I don't get a lot of Mavs games where I live, but he's reminding me a lot of Pietrus in the last Magic/Cavs playoff series. Hitting big 3's and shooting without any hesitation.

Last edited by STLG; 06-08-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Its been amazing how similar this series has been to the 1992 NBA Finals series. Portland had one of the best offenses in the league and regularly averaged 100+ points a game.

Game 1
- MJ goes nuts and blows out Portland.

Game 2
- Bulls up by 10 in the 4th with Portland best player fouled out, Portland goes on a 15-5 run to force overtime and win the game in overtime. 1-1. Bulls loose home court.

Game 3
- Bulls go off in a 30-13 run lead by 44-30 in the first half. Early in the third Portland would cut that to 3. Bulls make a run of their own to win the game. Series at 2-1 bulls.

Game 4
-Bulls start the game on a 10-0 run leading to a 22-9 run before Portland came back and cut the deficit to 3 by the half. Jordan scores 13 in the third but goes scoreless in the final 11 minutes of the 4th. Portland go on a 15-6 run to even the series at 2-2.

Game 5
- Bulls start of strong and never look back, answering every run of Portland. Bulls win the game to go up 3-2

Game 6
-Portland start strong and hold Jordan scoreless for the first 11 minutes and would take a 43- 28 lead midway through the second Q. Bulls rally back to cut the lead to 6 by the half. In the third, Portland takes a 79-64 lead. Without MJ on the court, the bulls cut that lead to 3 in the 4th. With MJ back in the game, he gets 2 steals ad coverts giving the bulls the win and the championship.

I am not saying it will turn out the same, but the similarities are uncanny.

Thoughts?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
That's quite an insult to Pietrus.

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***