Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Based on the above, we now know the strategy of the mavs going into game 4.

Play a more physical game and hard fouls on Wade and LBJ.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mythic

and this could back fire as well, LBJ and Dwade are great FT shooters, this could put Dallas in serious foul trouble, especially Chandler who is foul prone as is.

and sometimes pulling and steeping on Supermans cape is a bad idea.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes loosing chandler to foul trouble would mean that the mavs would have to use their small line up which has really bad for them so far. In fact it was the lineup they had on the floor when the heat opened a 15 point lead.

Then again, the last 2 games have been decided by 2 points. Assuming 80% free throw shooting as opposed to easy layups, that could mean the difference that wins the game.

Should be a fun game tonight.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Should be a fun game tonight.

I hope so, I expect some serious fire power coming from both teams, Miami will come in guns blazing with Bosh' eye ok, and LBJ with a point to prove being that he has been hated on for his game 3 playing and Dwade will just continue his relentless attack.

GO HEAT!!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like it, but it would be a bad idea for the Mavs. Going to the line is usually what gets Wade out of in-game slumps. The same is true for Lebron. Neither is primarily a jump shooter and giving them chances to practice shooting is almost never a good idea. I think the Mavs have done a really good job of protecting the paint so far, but I agree that according to what they said after game 3 their strategy seems to be shifting.

Originally Posted by J@WB
and this could back fire as well, LBJ and Dwade are great FT shooters, this could put Dallas in serious foul trouble, especially Chandler who is foul prone as is.

and sometimes pulling and steeping on Supermans cape is a bad idea.
Exactly. The Mavs have been doing a really good job defensively and, although their recent comments indicate they might have a new defensive game-plan, I think they should be focusing more on getting Dirk some help offensively.

Yes loosing chandler to foul trouble would mean that the mavs would have to use their small line up which has really bad for them so far. In fact it was the lineup they had on the floor when the heat opened a 15 point lead.
Yea a few of us were talking about this before the series started. Dallas' small lineup is what gave the Lakers and OKC a lot of problems. I didn't expect the Heat to have any problems with the Mavs smaller/quicker lineup because the Heat's "small" lineup is bigger and just as quick.

Originally Posted by J@WB
I hope so, I expect some serious fire power coming from both teams, Miami will come in guns blazing with Bosh' eye ok, and LBJ with a point to prove being that he has been hated on for his game 3 playing and Dwade will just continue his relentless attack.

GO HEAT!!
I'm waiting for Lebron to blow up too. During game 3 I caught myself thinking that maybe Lebron was satisfied doing all the little things to help the Heat win the game. Then I realized that Lebron cares about his legacy and wants to be remembered as a superstar. He's been a great role player so far, but I doubt he's doing it on purpose; something has to be going on with him.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
I've been saying that neither team is going to win 3 in a row in this series, but if the Heat win tonight I think they have a really good shot at finishing the series in 5 games. Obviously they need to win tonight to statistically have a chance at a 5 game series, but I'm talking about how deflated the Mavs will (probably) be if they lose 2 in a row at home.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by STLG
I've been saying that neither team is going to win 3 in a row in this series, but if the Heat win tonight I think they have a really good shot at finishing the series in 5 games. Obviously they need to win tonight to statistically have a chance at a 5 game series, but I'm talking about how deflated the Mavs will (probably) be if they lose 2 in a row at home.
this^

Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Banned
NBA Playoffs: Ranking the greatest series ever, 1-5 - ESPN

That Mavs/Spurs series was definitely a good one, but I don't know about 3rd best EVER.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned
Also this: NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks, Game 4 questions - ESPN

3. Fact or Fiction: LeBron James is playing up to expectations.

Alfredo Berrios, ESPN Deportes Los Angeles: Fact, with some explaining. James is scoring his share of points, is leading the highlight reels and is not a factor at clutch time. This has been typical of LeBron in crunch time, even with him leading the pack in scoring. Yes, he's playing up to expectations.

Bret LaGree, Hoopinion: Fact. When Dwyane Wade has the ball in his hands, he is doing more than James. But unless you are only watching the ball or are profoundly biased, it's impossible to miss the positive impact James has had for Miami on both ends of the court.

Chris Palmer, ESPN The Magazine: Fiction. LeBron will never play up to expectations because people expect the world every night. But he is playing terrific basketball. A stat line like 20/6/6 on 51 percent shooting is nothing to scoff at.

Rob Peterson, Hardwood Paroxysm: Fiction. If he averaged 50-12-12 and won the Finals,
critics would point out that he had to join Dwyane Wade to win a title. His bolting the Cavs, and the way he did it, will remain a permanent mark against LeBron for many people. He won't please them, but he's been just brilliant enough to help the Heat to a 2-1 series lead.

Royce Young, Daily Thunder: Fiction. Because the expectations in this world are at unrealistic standards for LeBron. Winning isn't even good enough. LeBron has to win and be "the man" while doing it. It's an unfair situation for LeBron, but that's just how it is and will be.
The last 4 are so on-point it's ridiculous.

However, as I said before, I don't know if I believe that at this point in his career Lebron is mature enough to do what he's doing rather than shut down all the haters by scoring a billion points. Either way, he's doing everything right except scoring and carrying the team in the same fashion as he did with the Cavs. But he doesn't need to do that anymore.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Going forward i expect dirk to play more minutes.

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***