Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe LeBron should go back and watch the tape too... Don't recall any "superstar" defense in games 2 and 3 in the fourth... Wade has carried the O and D!

First the players don't fear him, not the reporters are taking cracks! OUCH

LeBron dismisses Question

Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Maybe LeBron should go back and watch the tape too... Don't recall any "superstar" defense in games 2 and 3 in the fourth... Wade has carried the O and D!

First the players don't fear him, not the reporters are taking cracks! OUCH

LeBron dismisses Question
How many points did Terry score in the fourth quarter.

That's right Zero, nada, zilch.

Guess who was defending him. You guessed it, LBJ.

Of LBJ's 9 assists in the game, 4 were in the fourth Q including the game winning shot by Bosh.

So yes the reporters Q was stupid and he got the answer he deserved.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mythic
LBJ had 17pts and 9 assists. Wade had 3.

That's pretty respectable assists from a non point guard.

He had more of an effect than may be apparent looking at points alone.
I agree but he still needs to pick it up in the 4th quarter when the Heat need points. I'm not saying he should deprive Wade when Wade is having a good game, but there were a few situations where it looked like Lebron looked to pass before looking to attack. And these weren't passes to a wide open shooter or someone under the basket.

Dallas had 27 fouls called against the heat. The heat only got 14 fouls on Dallas.
Dirk on the line is a huge reason why OKC lost.

Originally Posted by C Money
# of fouls isnt nearly as important as the time of the foul... There were some VERY bad calls made at very inopertune times. The shot clock violation late in the 4th where Kidd obvivouly had the ball in hand and making a move was HORRIBLE... It's a judgemnet call and being pentalized for playing GREAT defense mkes no sense!
Yes type/time of foul do matter, but if you put Dirk on the line too much you definitely won't win the game (see: Western Conference Finals). The Heat haven't stopped Dirk from scoring but they have cut down the number of easy shots he gets, and that's just about all you can expect. He's automatic from the line and more likely to miss a contested layup than a FT. Majority of Dirk's points are coming from those fadeaways he loves so much and there's no way to defend that.

The way I see it, Dirk has 2 main strengths and the Heat aren't capable of taking away both of them. Take away free throws and put more pressure on the Mavs other starters/bench. It's worked so far.

There were bad calls made on both teams at inopportune times. The refs need to be more consistent though, sometimes they call really weak fouls and other times they don't (on both teams). T

I'm pretty sure it's a rule, not a judgement call, on those types of shot clock violation plays. Even the announcers were saying it was a dumb rule (I agree it's a dumb rule, but a rule none the less).

How many points did Terry score in the fourth quarter.

That's right Zero, nada, zilch.

Guess who was defending him. You guessed it, LBJ.

Of LBJ's 9 assists in the game, 4 were in the fourth Q including the game winning shot by Bosh.

So yes the reporters Q was stupid and he got the answer he deserved.
People are gonna hate on Lebron for every single thing he did wrong/they think he did wrong. He could score 60 points, the Heat could be up by 4 with 2 seconds left, and if Lebron is on the line and misses the FT people will say he choked and blah blah blah.

Last edited by STLG; 06-06-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
U r 100% correct, LeBron is judged under the worlds largest microscope and it's due to him wanting to anoint himself "the chosen one"...

There is a reason many feel Wade is one of the most underrated players of all times. Even with the T-mobile commercials and constant ability to be in the lime light he conducts himself in a manner than doesn't draw attention. The guy I arguably the 2nd/3rd best player in the past 10 years (behind Kobe and Maybe Duncan) yet people always forget about him. The guy is a class act and it bummed me out when all the "parading" around happened prior to the season as I don't feel that is D Wade.

The way I see it, wade is MJ and LBJ is more Pippen esq.... If you think about it LeBron calls him self a 2 way player and even though most fail to realize just how good MJ was on D, we all know Scottie was a 17-22 points 8 boards and 6-8 assist guy + a great defender. Sounds like LeBrons finals #'s.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
My ignore list now has one name on it, the only name that has ever been on it. This thread is so much more civil and rational without the repeated "you guys just don't understand the awesomeness of Lebron" BS.

I really hope Dallas is able to bounce back and take game 4. I'm still waiting for all the Mav's who killed the Lakers like JT and Peja to show up, but I wonder how much of that was them getting hot at the right time and how much of it was the Laker D not be anywhere near as good as they needed to be. Carlisle is a good coach and will make adjustments, hopefully sooner than later. The NBA needs this series to go 7 games.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Please re-read my previous post. If Shannon Brown doesn't fit that description you must not watch basketball.
Brown is NOT a slasher and can hardly create his own shot. LOL.

Last edited by The Doctor; 06-06-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Brown is NOT a slasher and can hardly create his own shot. LOL.
That is all he is... True meaning of a superior Athlete inferior player.... Not sure how much you have watched him throughout his career. Unless your username means your THE DR (aka Dr Buss) lol.

Last edited by C Money; 06-06-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Shannon Brown is a mixed bag of tricks. On one hand, he is one of the best pure athletes in the NBA and is a somewhat streaky, but fairly consistent 3 point shooter and good finisher in the open court. Not a player that can get to the hoop in the half court setting (like the Doc says). I was really hoping he would turn the corner and became a more solid all-around player, but I had those hopes for many of this year's Lakers like Blake & Barnes and neither did much.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Terry on Bosh's winning shot: "Juwan Howard could've made that."

On defense he says, "Portland has 'by far' has best D Dallas faced in playoffs"

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***