Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
What part of this post did you not understand?
I have to listen to your requests? You could just ignore me golfclap:

Old 06-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
Lebron should be playing lights out every game - that's what league superstars do on the regular. You shouldn't have to say "when his game comes"... it's just a shame that you know when it happens people like yourself will be drinking the LBJ Kool-aid hard.

These are the finals and it's 3 games finished; Wade and Bosh have shown up.... where is LBJ?
I agree that superstars do it regularly. Lebron hasn't done much in game 2 or 3 but I don't think that's enough to question his ability. Superstars have slumps, and they have bad games and it's unfortunate when it happens in the Finals but it does happen.

Lebron-haters, like yourself, take every opportunity to say something bad about the guy. If you think a couple of games is more indicative of his ability and status as a superstar than the majority of his career then you aren't very wise.

I agree that he should be playing better, but he isn't, and that doesn't mean he's not a great player. It means he's sucking right now. No excuses, no injuries; he's just not been there in game 2 or 3; nothing more, nothing less.

I don't see anyone questioning Dirk's greatness because he missed that shot at the end. Had it been Lebron, every one of you would've made references to how MJ wouldn't have missed.

Last edited by STLG; 06-05-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Wade did not play very well in the Bulls series so LBJ took over.

So far this finals Wade is on a roll and LBJ is struggling.

That is why the came together. Pretty smart 'decision' if you ask me.

One that just might pay off with a championship.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ You make a good point.

One of the reasons Lebron chose to go to Miami was so that he didn't have to carry a team all of the time.

It certainly didn't pan out in Cleveland.

But this is something else that separates him from Jordan (and I hate MJ).

I have no love or hate for Lebron either way.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-05-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Banned
^It's like one of the announcers in the Dallas/OKC series said about Durant.

Something like:

"If you told someone that knows nothing about the NBA that one of the greatest players in the world was on the floor right now in an OKC jersey they wouldn't be able to pick them out"

He was talking about Durant because he was doing absolutely nothing in the most important part of the game. Playing poorly on occasion doesn't mean the guy is overrated.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mythic
Wade did not play very well in the Bulls series so LBJ took over.

So far this finals Wade is on a roll and LBJ is struggling.

That is why the came together. Pretty smart 'decision' if you ask me.

One that just might pay off with a championship.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Barrister
^ You make a good point.

One of the reasons Lebron chose to go to Miami was so that he didn't have to carry a team all of the time.

It certainly didn't pan out in Cleveland.

But this is something else that separates him from Jordan (and I hate MJ).

I have no love or hate for Lebron either way.

Dana you might be one of the only people who understands that concept.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not even a Lebron hater... I mean I don't like his decision to go to Miami - but I still think he is an unreal ball player.

I just think it's funny that people are saying things like "Wait til 'bron shows up." He is bound to show up... if he doesn't show up in this series you can expect him to be criticized heavily.

In the end of the day I think Wade is a better player than LBJ, always have.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Erik Spoelstra is easily one of the top 5 worst coaches ever.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GLN
I'm not even a Lebron hater... I mean I don't like his decision to go to Miami - but I still think he is an unreal ball player.

I just think it's funny that people are saying things like "Wait til 'bron shows up." He is bound to show up... if he doesn't show up in this series you can expect him to be criticized heavily.

In the end of the day I think Wade is a better player than LBJ, always have.
Again, I agree that if he doesn't show up for the rest of the series he'll be criticized and I won't argue with the criticism. After Wade struggled in the series with Chicago people still knew he was going to show up in the Finals. Players struggle, great players find a way out of it when it matters most.

Edit: I also think that it would be very difficult for Lebron and Wade to have dominant games simultaneously. That's the problem they were having in the beginning of the season. They've now found some kind of balance where each of them can play well without offsetting the other. In their best games it was Lebron for a quarter or whatever amount of time, and then Wade would pick it up to give Lebron a break. In the Chicago series and in game 1 of the Finals it was a lot more Lebron and in game 2 and 3 it's been a lot more Wade. The two of them have to be remember they can almost always rely on the other instead of having to do it all themselves as in the past.

Again, we're not talking a Jordan-Pippen dynamic here.

Last edited by STLG; 06-05-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***