Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Trojans #1!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by orlando333
Agreed; I am out.
'til next week then.

Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: multiquote ftl
Old 09-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Well this was a nice thread until someone gut their panties all twisted up..

It becomes a rape when in front 106K adoring fans, SC comes into your crib with 4-5 minutes left and takes the game away from you, with no consent, based on pure might. Dude with the vest would consider it a rape as well.

Fight on.
My? What gave you an indication about my Ohio State affiliation? Your definition of "rape" is also lacking, nice try though.

Last edited by Tsar; 09-13-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
There you go: resorting to the lowest common denominator: personal attacks; i don't need to toot my own horn, my clients can do that for me.

A WORD OF ADVICE: you should never ever attack someone professionally who YOU DO NOT KNOW. (I understand you are still in school; if true, then you truly have no clue. To make a claim against me personally regarding my professional ability when you are not in the real world doing real work, takes a lot of nerve; I guess they give out diplomas, cars, houses and other niceties which we all talk about on this forum for being stupid)
Orlando: You should not be offended by Guest's personal attacks. The fact is he's a college guy who has never done anything in the real world while you and I have achieved substantial professional careers at the highest levels for which we are compensated handsomely. Guest's comments are meaningless and have zero weight and in fact they make me chuckle. Perhaps when Guest is done with his homework and gets out in the real world many years from now we can have a conversation with some substance that does not rely solely on weak personal attacks.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
Again, perhaps both you and UBoat need to brush up on your skills as classicists; I have made no true ad hominem attacks against either of you, neither in the literal sense nor in the sense of the true historical context of the term. Nor have I "tooted my own horn" in this thread; I haven't even mentioned my own school by name. All I can surmise is that both of you must possess some deep insecurities, concerning your argumentative abilities (or apparent lack thereof as demonstrated through circular arguments and jejune responses to criticism in this thread), or your self image as manifested in the week-to-week athletic performance of a few dozen ostensible students of one school or the other. Or maybe both.

If you'd like to PM me the contents of your CV in hopes that I may learn to be more deferential, you're welcome to.
There you go again. What you don't understand today but will some day is that fancy CVs mean nothing in the real world. What matters is people who can perform and get things done. Having top grades from a top institution (which Orlando and I also happen to have) is meaningless. Intellectualism is nice when you're young and don't have anything else to hang your hat on. But you better realize soon that the real world does not work that way. People in the real world don't go around talking about their class rank in XYZ University. You would be laughed at if you walked into a business meeting and started acting all superior because you think you're smarter or have a better college degree than the other people in the room. I too once thought that my class rank and school mattered and it does when you're getting your first job out of school. But there are so many Yale and Harvard law grads who thought and acted similarly to you that were quickly rotated out of their first jobs because they could not perform in the real world. Rather than tooting your horn any more on this board about your school, your grades and the CV's of your "academic advisors", you would be much better off if you listened to the advice that I am providing to you here and think about how you might focus yourself on being a successful professional rather than someone whose value is derived solely from your good grades from a top institution.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
^David, UBC and Orlando are giving you some good advice and are speaking the truth. The sooner you are able to comprehend that you do not have to "win" every argument and prove every point you make as "absolutely right," the sooner you will exceed in the business world and exceed at personal relationships. The most successful people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting above all else are humble, show humility when needed, and are excellent listeners. Don't get me wrong, they are also very smart and know when to pour it on in a debate. What sets them apart is knowing when by sometimes giving in they are actually coming out ahead in the overall scheme of things.

If people in here did not like you, they would not respond constructively to help you grow as a person and succeed in whatever career path you choose.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
i still love my buckeyes, they fought hard. pryor played like it was his 1st game

Old 09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Orlando: You should not be offended by Guest's personal attacks. The fact is he's a college guy who has never done anything in the real world while you and I have achieved substantial professional careers at the highest levels for which we are compensated handsomely. Guest's comments are meaningless and have zero weight and in fact they make me chuckle. Perhaps when Guest is done with his homework and gets out in the real world many years from now we can have a conversation with some substance that does not rely solely on weak personal attacks.
I gotcha

In any event, I got 10 tickets to the ND game; you in

Got two killer suites in Chi Town too -- Making this trip because missed out on OSU due to this trial

Would love for you to join me and the breathren to see Barkley shred the Irish

Old 09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I gotcha

In any event, I got 10 tickets to the ND game; you in

Got two killer suites in Chi Town too -- Making this trip because missed out on OSU due to this trial

Would love for you to join me and the breathren to see Barkley shred the Irish
I'm totally in! Thank you. I'm actually from Chicago so I can get some good intel on restaurants and such from some homies.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
...focus yourself on being a successful professional rather than someone whose value is derived solely from your good grades from a top institution.
In seriousness, I'm not sure I want a professional career. A job, maybe, but ultimately probably a career in academia. That is the only path from which I can foresee myself deriving enduring satisfaction; hopefully I can stomach the ignominy of a modest salary through careful stewardship of family money (and, for the record, I know that lazy punks living off of trust funds are disdained here, there, and even on "the 6" - I would like to think I would be atypical among this cohort). Absent monetary constraints I would, of course, devote the remainder of my life to study and learning; the fortuitousness of my particular circumstances would only go toward this end.

I hope this doesn't get lost amidst the (much deserved) sh!t talkin' that MiniD and others are gonna put on the Trojan faithful.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
USC looked sharp today guys, they did lose to Washington

Quick Reply: Trojans #1!