Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

College Football

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christian
Florida Gators, #1 again.

Christian

USC, Texas, insert your pet favorite here _________ ... doesn't matter. Florida, having to play an SEC schedule, may not run the table. But they'll be #1 at the end of it all.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Sure, last year . . .
As long as you can finally admit it.

We will see again this year, I can assure you they will finish stronger than USC and that candy ass conference they play in

Christian

Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
oh how i would love to see usc play florida

Old 09-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
As long as you can finally admit it.
Only in the polls, not in the hearts and minds of intelligent people.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
oh how i would love to see usc play florida
Tim Tebow told me that if they don't win the BCS this year, he's going to let me tittie fu(k that DDD cup GF of his.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
We will see again this year, I can assure you they will finish stronger than USC and that candy ass conference they play in
Is that because Florida has a softball schedule this year:

Charleston Southern
Troy
Tennessee
Kentucky
LSU
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Georgia
Vanderbilt
South Carolina
Florida International
Florida State

Florida certainly is not going to get any points for strength of schedule. There's not even a single top 10 team in there. LSU will likely be ok, but not a real contender. And who the fu(k is Troy?

Old 09-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
the kickoff week started with the south carolina v. nc state game. arguably the most boring game ever. not a good way to start the season. then last night miami and florida state gave us all a great show. i love college football! GO TIGERS!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Hopefully not tooting my own horn, but ASU is probably USC's biggest challenge, despite ASU having such a young team... Although I'm sure USC will whoop as like usual
Curious why you think ASU will be USC's biggest challenge in the Pac 10? Cal rose to #10 in the AP poll, Oregon St.'s just outside of the Top 25, and Oregon, UCLA and Arizona got votes. Not a single vote for ASU. Would love to know why they're a sleeper, as that info would come in handy for some "friendly" wagering.....

Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fusionstorm
Curious why you think ASU will be USC's biggest challenge in the Pac 10? Cal rose to #10 in the AP poll, Oregon St.'s just outside of the Top 25, and Oregon, UCLA and Arizona got votes. Not a single vote for ASU. Would love to know why they're a sleeper, as that info would come in handy for some "friendly" wagering.....
Well I'm certainly biased as I'm an ASU alumn, but I keep up well with football.

With the exception of last year, we're typically ~top15. After a tough season last year, losing our starting QB, and some new talent I'd expect us to drop off - which we did.

Do I think we'd beat USC? No, absolutely not...

However twice in the last 4 years have we almost pulled it off but managed to blow it in the 4th (Thanks to the worst coaching ever by Dirk Koetter)... Think about ASU beating USC 21-3 until the fourth quarter, and then in 2005 ASU up 28-24 (@ USC, to give USC their first loss at the Coliseum in how long...) on on 4th and short with a little over 3 minutes left on the clock and Dirk chooses to punt, USC scores twice within 3 minutes to win 38-28...

With Koetter as coach, we blew nearly every big game we ever played. ASU vs LSU was a heart breaker.

Dennis Erickson is going to take ASU to big places... is it this season? Probably not... but over the next two seasons I'm sure. He is doing a great job recruiting, and when he actually gets to fill the field with his players it'll be great. In the mean time he is still playing with Dirk's kids...

USC is an amazing team... I hate them, but they are amazing and I can't complain about watching some great football.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
Some notes after the USC vs tOSU game...

Despite Carroll and all the talking heads saying that this USC is the best/strongest they've ever seen - it's not. I'm still convinced that the Bush/White/Jarrett/Leinart/Smith team was the best...

I'm happy USC won, because losing to tOSU is an embarrassment. I must say, that at this point in time, USC has a LOT of work to do if they want to compete with UT or UF. Matt Barkley showed a lot of brains and good poise for a true freshman. What I didn't like about him was his tosses - He needs more zip behind it, I didn't see him throw one bullet the entire game. The defense was strong, but looked slower and less powerful than last years. Their offense needs a lot of work; especially with play calling. Running the ball 95% of the game clearly wasn't working... Joe McKnight had a LOT of trouble finding holes, until the final drive. Using him as a receiver on a quick slant or screen seems to be the best option they have. Damian Williams didn't seem aggressive enough... What happened to all of USC's receivers?!

Hopefully these are things Carroll is going to correct over the season. I'm sure Barkley is going to be an unbelievable QB, but tonight they didn't cut it if they want to be BCS Champs.

It was good and unusual to see Carroll actually taking control of the offense during that last drive...

However, in the end its not the stats that matter, just the W.

Quick Reply: College Football