Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

College Football

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
Do you really believe that the Pac-10 is the best conference in the country? Your best team, Oregon, lost to Boise State and barely beat Purdue. Do you think any team in the Pac-10 could beat Florida/Alabama/LSU this season? Stanford? They lost to Wake Forest.

Forget who plays the most ranked teams, who has the most ranked teams, do you think Oregon could beat any of those three teams? I don't, maybe LSU, but that is a stretch. I think it is obvious the SEC is by far and away the hardest conference this year, they have arguably the three best teams in the country.
It's not hard to look good when you play a bunch of Division II teams for 90% of your schedule and the refs always favor the halo teams. But we all know that the SEC is a straw conference. A little huffing and puffing and the whole conference will fall down.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
It's not hard to look good when you play a bunch of Division II teams for 90% of your schedule and the refs always favor the halo teams. But we all know that the SEC is a straw conference. A little huffing and puffing and the whole conference will fall down.
You never responded to my questions, but I will go ahead and respond to yours. First, lets not be ridiculous, it is not 90%, it is what, one or two games out of 12? Second, I don't think that is anymore of a gimme than San Jose State, every team has some "bye" weeks so to speak.

I still want to know, this year, which Pac-10 teams would beat Florida/Alabama/LSU. Based on who has played who (which obviously isn't a great way to judge, but it's what we have) Oregon lost to Boise St and barely beat Purdue. Stanford lost to Wake Forest. Both of those teams embarrassed USC this year.

It is unfortunate that that we have not gotten to see USC play a SEC team in the Pete Carroll era, you are usually forced to beat up on some sorry excuse for a top-10 team from the Big-10 in the Rose Bowl and that won't change this year.

Last edited by JarodL; 11-14-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL

It is unfortunate that that we have not gotten to see USC play a SEC team in the Pete Carroll era, you are usually forced to beat up on some sorry excuse for a top-10 team from the Big-10 in the Rose Bowl and that won't change this year.
except that USC won't be in the Rose Bowl this year

Old 11-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
SEC teams don't have to play a strong out of conference schedule, whereas the PAC 10 teams do because their conference is weak.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
SEC football is like ACC basketball. You just have to experience it. Then, you realize how it doesn't compare to any other conference.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I am kind of disgusted at how bad USC was smoked....

Old 11-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
It's ok - Dexter McCluster ran all over my Tennessee Vols.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
except that USC won't be in the Rose Bowl this year
I never said they were. I said we won't get to see them play a SEC team this year.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
StringerBell is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MiniD
SEC teams don't have to play a strong out of conference schedule, whereas the PAC 10 teams do because their conference is weak.
This is spot on but some SEC teams attempt to schedule one tough OOC game a year. UGA played Ok State, Arizona State and Georgia Tech this year. Tenn has played UCLA and Cal the past few years. I went to Georgia though and wish that we didn't schedule like this because the SEC is just too brutal.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Don't talk about my Ducks that way. We are no longer friends.

Quick Reply: College Football