Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Football transfer season (News and Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I think you'll see Eto'o move on if they sign Villa.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Here's some stuff to keep us going:

2345 BST: Bayern Munich receive approaches for striker Franck Ribery from Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

'These are big names, but Franck has a contract with us and will be staying in Munich," said Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. (Full story: Daily Mail website)

2305 BST: West Ham reach a deal with Inter Milan to sign Chilean striker Luis Jimenez, with an announcement expected to be made later this week. (Full story: Daily Telegraph website)

2129 BST: Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas denies reports he would go to Barcelona if he received a call from Barca coach Pep Guardiola.

"I've never said that. I would be really happy (to get a call from Guardiola) because Guardiola has been my sporting idol forever, and if he called me it would be a big thing," Fabregas told Radio Marca.

"You need to be responsible not to fall into these sorts of traps." (Press Association)

1707 BST: Atletico Madrid have not received any offers for Argentine star Sergio Aguero, a reported target of Chelsea, or Uruguayan striker Diego Forlan.

"No club or representative has been in touch. We don't have offers for our players ... we don't want to sell," Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo Cerezo told the club's website "I think our club could be being used to help close other transfer operations." (Full story: Atletico Madrid website)

1340 BST: Arsenal defender Gael Clichy has dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Spanish side Real Madrid. (Full story: Sky Sports News)

1236 BST: Blackburn Rovers are attempting to sign Chelsea striker Franco di Santo on loan. (Lancashire Telegraph)

1214 BST: Real Madrid's deal to sign David Villa has broken down and opened an opportunity for Chelsea and other interested clubs to sign the Spain international. (Full story: Daily Mail)

1145 BST: Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he has no intention of leaving the club, despite reported interest from Manchester United. (Official Liverpool website)

1045 BST: VfB Stuttgart are targeting Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. (Sky Sports)

1042 BST: Bolton are set to reignite their interest in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso. (Manchester Evening News)

1022 BST: Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch could be a target for Manchester City. (Manchester Evening News)

1007 BST: Manchester City are weighing up a loan offer from Fulham for striker Jo. (Manchester Evening News)

0953 BST: Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is closing in on Tottenham striker Darren Bent, Manchester City defender Richard Dunne and Wigan midfielder Lee Cattermole. (The Northern Echo)

0936 BST: Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has slapped a staggering 90m euro price tag on striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United are ready to battle it out with Real Madrid for the £45m transfer of Valencia forward David Villa. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are leading the race to sign Portsmouth's Glen Johnson for £18m, with the right-back also wanted by Liverpool and Manchester City.
(Full story: The Sun)

But Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is still hopeful of landing England defender Johnson. (Daily Express)

And it would appear that Anfield is Johnson's preferred destination.
(Full story: Daily Mail)

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson appears to have failed in his attempts to keep striker Carlos Tevez at the club.
(Full story: The Independent)

Tottenham have been put off Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni after learning the size of his wages at the German club.

Roque Santa Cruz says he has a clause in his contract that would allow the striker to leave Blackburn for over £20m.

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has pleaded with manager Arsene Wenger to buy a midfield hard-man this summer.

And Fabregas believes that Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure would be the perfect signing for the Gunners.
(Full story: Daily Star)

Fabregas also says he would be open to a move to Champions League winners Barcelona.

Former Real Madrid star Zinedine Zidane has told Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery to reject a move to Manchester United and join the Spanish side instead.

Bolton are leading the race to sign Qatar-based striker Moumouni Dagano.

West Brom captain Paul Robinson has said he is keen to follow manager Tony Mowbray to Celtic.

Celtic have been told they will have to pay £4.3m for Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune, who was on loan to West Brom. (Daily Record)

Marc Antoine Fortune's agent says the striker would be keen on a move to Celtic. (Daily Mail)

Borja Valero's agent says the West Brom midfielder wants to follow manager Tony Mowbray to Celtic. (Daily Record)

Celtic midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura is poised to snub a return to former club Yokohama F Marinos and join Espanyol. (The Scotsman)

Sampdoria, Parma and Palermo are all interested in out-of-favour Celtic midfielder Massimo Donati. (The Scotsman)

Barnsley have slapped a £1m price tag on midfielder Anderson da Silva. (Daily Mirror)

Rangers have rejected a bid from Barnsley for midfielder Charlie Adam. (The Sun)

Rangers striker Nacho Novo says he would one day like to play again for Spanish club Huesca. (The Sun)

Malky Mackay will make Aberdeen midfielder Scott Severin his first signing after he is appointed Watford manager. (Daily Mirror)

Mark McGhee is bidding to make Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes his first signing as Aberdeen manager but faces competition from Hearts and English clubs. (Daily Express)

Birmingham are lining up Standard Liege centre-back Oguchi Onyewu. (Daily Mirror)

Bristol City, Ipswich and Leeds United are battling it out to sign Manchester United winger Lee Martin, who is rated at £1.5m.
(Full story: Bristol Evening Post)

OTHER GOSSIP
The takeover of Portsmouth is in doubt, with buyer Sulaiman Al Fahim facing questions over his suitability.

Former Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has insisted he has nothing to do with the proposed takeover of Pompey.
(Full story: Daily Star)

A consortium from the United States has emerged as the favourite to buy Newcastle from owner Mike Ashley.

Former Scotland captain Gary McAllister and ex-Motherwell defender Luc Nijholt have both expressed an interest in being the Fir Park club's new manager. (The Scotsman)

Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson says he has no intention of selling the recently relegated club.

Paul Ince has said he is hopeful of taking advantage of the current series of management moves. (Daily Mirror)

But Aidy Boothroyd and Alan Irvine are front-runners to take over from Celtic-bound Tony Mowbray at West Brom.

Celtic will not reduce Tony Mowbray's transfer budget because of the £2.2m compensation demanded by West Brom for their manager (The Sun)

New Celtic manager Tony Mowbray will make Neil Lennon second-team coach, with Willie McStay moving to new Hungarian feeder club Ujpest. (Daily Record)

AND FINALLY
Bolton will offload Blerim Dzemaili to Torino, with the Swiss midfielder failing to make a single appearance for the club in a two-year spell. (Full story: The Sun)

Old 06-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Ibrahimovic is WAY overpriced at 90 million euros, but I still think he is the best pure back-to-the-goal striker in the world. He'd fit in nicely at United - almost like the "new Ruud van Nistelrooy". I'm sure Rooney wouldn't mind if Ibra was his strike partner.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The prices are madness, way out of control. I think even a Ronaldo or messi type player should top out around 50 million. These 80, 90 million price tags are just plain stupid.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Ibrahimovic is WAY overpriced at 90 million euros, but I still think he is the best pure back-to-the-goal striker in the world. He'd fit in nicely at United - almost like the "new Ruud van Nistelrooy". I'm sure Rooney wouldn't mind if Ibra was his strike partner.

I agree: he's the best purist striker in the world. Man U should take the $$ they had on Tevez and pick up Ibra and a solid mid fielder on the right had side where Ronaldo played. Villa is too small for the BPL in my opinion; you need a tall, bigger guy on point. Think of who the BPL's pure strikers are and their sizes: Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Rooney, Adebayor, Crouch, etc. etc. Villa is too small to spearhead that team. Ibra would be peeeerrfect. Defensive lines in the BPL are much bigger, faster, and more physical than in Serie A so it would be a blast to see him really tested. If Man U really lost Tevez, and with Christiano gone, I would put money on Man u picking him up.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Rooney's pretty small, but he's built strong, has great balance, and is fearless (and doesn't fall down when the wind blows). He's about the same height as me, but weighs more like what I weighed in the Marines... Now I'd look more like Stig Tofting (look THAT one up).

As far as a winger goes, I think they're going to get Valencia from Wigan. Remember, Sir Alex is VERY savvy when it comes to talent-spotting. Who the F knew what a Nemanja Vidic was? Or who knew Ronaldo would turn into such a talent? I trust Sir Alex (and Jose Mourinho when Sir Alex leaves...)

Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tofting....hahaha

Old 06-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I found a picture from a few years back, when you had that tussle with Becks

Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Ibra is the right signing.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Rooney's pretty small, but he's built strong, has great balance, and is fearless (and doesn't fall down when the wind blows). He's about the same height as me, but weighs more like what I weighed in the Marines... Now I'd look more like Stig Tofting (look THAT one up).

As far as a winger goes, I think they're going to get Valencia from Wigan. Remember, Sir Alex is VERY savvy when it comes to talent-spotting. Who the F knew what a Nemanja Vidic was? Or who knew Ronaldo would turn into such a talent? I trust Sir Alex (and Jose Mourinho when Sir Alex leaves...)
I agree 100% Chris....someone like Pastore or Costa, even Alexis Sanchez....talented but not bursting on the scene as of yet.

I hope they can keep Tevez though....his hustle and energy would be sorely missed. Personally, I think Scoles and Neville are past it....and Giggs should only be used as a sub from 60 minutes on...

Quick Reply: Football transfer season (News and Rumours)