Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Cavaliers vs. Magics Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
i lost all respect for lebron. i can understand his frustration, but he was a punk for not congratulating the other team.
I wasn't able to watch the game. Did he just walk off the court?

Old 05-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
i lost all respect for lebron. i can understand his frustration, but he was a punk for not congratulating the other team.
I didn't watch the very end of the game but you could see the frustration on his face throughout the second half. He was definitely angry at himself and definitely his teammates for letting him down this entire series.

Originally Posted by MiniD
What?

Yes they do.
You think so? They're going to have to start odom instead of bynum so he can stay out on turk or rashard.

Originally Posted by M5Kid
I wasn't able to watch the game. Did he just walk off the court?
Didn't see it either.. i can't imagine him not congratulating the magic though.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
happy days indeed - everyone thought i was nuts when i said the magic would beat cleveland in the series - i'm glad to see them pull through - they've done a lot of growing up this post-season.

i don't want to say they can beat kobe but i believe the match-ups will make it difficult for the lakers.

- chuck

Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
happy days indeed - everyone thought i was nuts when i said the magic would beat cleveland in the series - i'm glad to see them pull through - they've done a lot of growing up this post-season.

i don't want to say they can beat kobe but i believe the match-ups will make it difficult for the lakers.

- chuck
As a cavs fan, i'm cheering for the magic now. if my team gets beat, i want them beat by the best.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and by the way... he did just walk off the court.

Sorry, but if he's going to be the face of the NBA you have to have sportsmanship. Thats bush league.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
Should be. the lakers wont match up well against the magic either. If they (orlando) can continue to shoot how they did against the cavs, they're gonna pull it out.
Well, while the Magic do pose match-up problem for the lakers.... the Lakers also pose the same match-up problems for the Magic. The Lakers have length, experienced coaching, and the Mamba. Also Home court.

I take the lakers in 6

GO LAKERS!

Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by thedude
Well, while the Magic do pose match-up problem for the lakers.... the Lakers also pose the same match-up problems for the Magic. The Lakers have length, experienced coaching, and the Mamba. Also Home court.

I take the lakers in 6

GO LAKERS!
Let me remind you that the magic took home court twice now in the playoffs
also, the only matchup problems the magic will have are against bynum/gasol in the paint depending on who they put dwight on. so sure, the lakers will have an easy 2-points, but the lakers will still need to double dwight just as the cavs did and we all saw what turk/rashard/pietrus (i hate mickael pietrus) did when that happened.

It will undeniably be an interesting series.. magic in

Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by STLG
Let me remind you that the magic took home court twice now in the playoffs
also, the only matchup problems the magic will have are against bynum/gasol in the paint depending on who they put dwight on. so sure, the lakers will have an easy 2-points, but the lakers will still need to double dwight just as the cavs did and we all saw what turk/rashard/pietrus (i hate mickael pietrus) did when that happened.

It will undeniably be an interesting series.. magic in
Mamba was dropping 50 on pietrus while he was in Golden State. And really, Kobe has done exceptionally well against this team, even in the two losses the Lakers had in the regular season.

There's no denying that Howard is a beast. But with the Magic, you stay home on their shooters, and you play D12 straight up, and try to get him to go one on one with the defender. D12, by his own admission, doesn't have a fully developed back-to-the-basket game. So while he does great at dunking, and bringing down rims, his offensive game isn't that extensive.

If im the lakers I play him straight up with no double.

By no means is this an easy series. I called the Magic to come out of the east because I knew they were the best team in that conference, and I would have loved to have faced the Cavs instead.

In the end, I can't see Phil and Kobe missing this opportunity to get their 10th and 4th ring respectively.

Go LAkers!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by thedude
Mamba was dropping 50 on pietrus while he was in Golden State. And really, Kobe has done exceptionally well against this team, even in the two losses the Lakers had in the regular season.

There's no denying that Howard is a beast. But with the Magic, you stay home on their shooters, and you play D12 straight up, and try to get him to go one on one with the defender. D12, by his own admission, doesn't have a fully developed back-to-the-basket game. So while he does great at dunking, and bringing down rims, his offensive game isn't that extensive.

If im the lakers I play him straight up with no double.

By no means is this an easy series. I called the Magic to come out of the east because I knew they were the best team in that conference, and I would have loved to have faced the Cavs instead.

In the end, I can't see Phil and Kobe missing this opportunity to get their 10th and 4th ring respectively.

Go LAkers!
Ordinarily id agree with you on playing dwight one on one.. but with his new found ability to shoot free throws (>70%) I think the lakers will be more hesitant to play very aggressive defense on him because 1. he'll make the majority of his free throws, 2. they cant afford to have their bigs in foul trouble.

Yea, Kobe is good, but the magic can put up more points than any other team in the NBA.

I honestly think this series depends on one thing; three-point percentage.
there was a stat shown in game 6 of this cavs-magic series. 9+ threes in the playoffs and they were 6-1 (7-1 now). If they can shoot at least 40% from deep, they're going to win the series.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
The Lakers have much better perimeter defenders than anyone the Magic have faced in the playoffs. The Lakers are long and quick. Ariza, Kobe, Odom, Brown are all excellent at cutting off passing lanes and getting hands up on shooters.

Live by the three pointer, die by the three pointer.

Lakers in 6

Quick Reply: The Official Cavaliers vs. Magics Thread