Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Cavaliers vs. Magics Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Does anybody have the slightest notion at all that the NBA could be rigged?
How do you mean? Like the NBA itself is orchestrating the entire playoffs? or individual/groups of referees are just deciding games amongst themselves?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond repute
:raises hand: I Do!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Bill Simmons of ESPN has been harping on this subject for years. His most recent article discusses the '09 NBA playoffs and all the problems the NBA is having with the quality of the officiating......

Bill Simmons: Blowing the whistle on the NBA's flaws - ESPN

Old 05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to see the officials held publicly accountable for their calls in a post game press conference. The public has a right to know. The media has a right to ask questions on why certain things were called/not called. My job has me in the car quite a bit, so I listen to sports talk radio constantly, both local and national shows. It is interesting to hear different perspectives on NBA officiating and what could and/or should be done to improve it.

The NBA has never seen another player like LeBron. He is extremely difficult to "officiate" due to his combination of strength, size and quickness. On top of that, he has taken his game to a level in the playoffs, particularly in this series, and he is handling/controlling the ball a high percentage of the time.

Its do or die time for Orlando tomorrow. Cleveland is not going to lose a game 7 at home. The officials wont allow it

Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
I would like to see the officials held publicly accountable for their calls in a post game press conference. The public has a right to know. The media has a right to ask questions on why certain things were called/not called. My job has me in the car quite a bit, so I listen to sports talk radio constantly, both local and national shows. It is interesting to hear different perspectives on NBA officiating and what could and/or should be done to improve it.

The NBA has never seen another player like LeBron. He is extremely difficult to "officiate" due to his combination of strength, size and quickness. On top of that, he has taken his game to a level in the playoffs, particularly in this series, and he is handling/controlling the ball a high percentage of the time.

Its do or die time for Orlando tomorrow. Cleveland is not going to lose a game 7 at home. The officials wont allow it

Yup, his name is Lebron James.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the King didn't get the calls he was expecting. Either way, the better team advanced.

Should be an interesting finals series.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by thedude
Looks like the King didn't get the calls he was expecting. Either way, the better team advanced.

Should be an interesting finals series.

Should be. the lakers wont match up well against the magic either. If they (orlando) can continue to shoot how they did against the cavs, they're gonna pull it out.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i lost all respect for lebron. i can understand his frustration, but he was a punk for not congratulating the other team.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Can't say that I watched every minute of this series. But it underscores everything that is great about sports: On any give day, anyone can beat anyone else. What's on paper doesn't matter.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
Should be. the lakers wont match up well against the magic either.
What?

Yes they do.

Quick Reply: The Official Cavaliers vs. Magics Thread