Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Cavaliers vs. Magics Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
It wasnt the only bad call. Dwight should've been thrown out of the game when he threw that elbow earlier on. He's just lucky it didnt hit anybody this time.
All im gonna say... one player, 24 ft attempts

The refs in this league are pathetic.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thedude
All im gonna say... one player, 24 ft attempts

The refs in this league are pathetic.
lebron had 24 attempts in 42 minutes.
dwight had 19 in 28 minutes.
thats 10% more FTA for dwight per minute.
i know dwight gets fouled because he sucks at free throws.. lebron draws fouls on his own

Last edited by STLG; 05-24-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
All I can say is that Lebro kind of reminds of MJ.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboArt
All I can say is that Lebro kind of reminds of MJ.
If MJ got the foul calls that Lebron gets... he would average 50 points a game.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
If MJ got the foul calls that Lebron gets... he would average 50 points a game.
MJ wasn't nearly as big and physical as Lebron is.

Sorry, I know it seems like i'm picking at everything you say, but i'm not.
we just have opposite points of view here

Old 05-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lebron had 24 attempts in 42 minutes.
dwight had 19 in 28 minutes.
thats 10% more FTA for dwight per minute.
i know dwight gets fouled because he sucks at free throws.. lebron draws fouls on his own

You said it yourself, the plan on D12 is to prevent him from getting dunks, since that's basically his game on the offensive end.

Anyways, the Cavs have bigger problems. Live getting other involved

Sorry, I had to say that, since the media loved saying that about Kobe when he had Smush Parker starting with him in the backcourt. But seriously, the Cavs aren't gonna beat a good team with Lebron going for 40, but nobody else getting more than 10.

Game 4 should be interesting.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MJ wasn't nearly as big and physical as Lebron is.

Sorry, I know it seems like i'm picking at everything you say, but i'm not.
we just have opposite points of view here
I know the man is a physical specimen, and all he needs to do is put his head down and plow over fools. But seriously, the it shouldn't be a automatic block call. I could pick many instances in this game, where Lebron used the off hand, and the defender had his feet set... Lebron put his head down, plows over the guy, and get the block call.

Sorry, it can't be that easy.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
MJ was a different animal and so is Lebron. They are different but effective for their team, IMO.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Banned
You said it yourself, the plan on D12 is to prevent him from getting dunks, since that's basically his game on the offensive end.

Anyways, the Cavs have bigger problems. Live getting other involved

Sorry, I had to say that, since the media loved saying that about Kobe when he had Smush Parker starting with him in the backcourt. But seriously, the Cavs aren't gonna beat a good team with Lebron going for 40, but nobody else getting more than 10.

Game 4 should be interesting.
i knowwwwwwwwwww.. i really dont think thats the real issue.. i mean, obviously its part of the problem, but i think the real problem is the other players are all struggling. Lebron is one of the best ever at getting his teammates involved but when they dont make shots, he cant do anything about it.

He's carried the cavs to the finals before (4 years ago now i think) but this year is totally different like you said. The magic have way too much talent (they are the most talented team in the NBA i think) for him to do it all on his own.

I know the man is a physical specimen, and all he needs to do is put his head down and plow over fools. But seriously, the it shouldn't be a automatic block call. I could pick many instances in this game, where Lebron used the off hand, and the defender had his feet set... Lebron put his head down, plows over the guy, and get the block call.

Sorry, it can't be that easy.
yup, lebron just create so much contact so often that its hard for the refs to make the right call all the time. he's a lot like shaq in that respect.. always bumping and pushing gives the refs a hard time.
I think too it could be that hes so quick the defenders cant always get their feet set in time to take the charge.. all i know is i'd had to be the referee having to make those types of close calls.
Originally Posted by TurboArt
MJ was a different animal and so is Lebron. They are different but effective for their team, IMO.
Definitely. I know the comparisons between the two are never ending, but as great as Lebron is, I really dont think he'll ever surpass the level Jordan was on.

Last edited by STLG; 05-25-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
lebron will keep them in the games, particularly with these foul-happy refs, but orlando has too much poise and talent. i think they learned A LOT in the last series w/ the Celtics. they got the job done tonight.

for the record, i expect Dwight to have a MONSTER game 4.

- chuck

Quick Reply: The Official Cavaliers vs. Magics Thread