Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/)
-   -   Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shot (https://teamspeed.com/forums/sports/14220-plaxico-burress-accidentally-shot.html)

Barrister 11-29-2008 01:21 PM

Plaxico Burress Accidentally Shot

Wow. Could things get much worse for Plaxico? I highly suspect JonA85 had something to do with this! :lol:

Sources: Burress wounded in accidental shooting
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Fox Sports.com and the New York Daily News reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story.

"I don't have anything for you at this stage," Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told The Associated Press from Giants Stadium.

Phones calls to Burress' home and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, were not immediately returned, the AP reported.

SteveH 11-29-2008 01:22 PM

wanna bet it was a Glock?

Chris from Cali 11-29-2008 03:56 PM

More idiocy...

"Yo man, there I was cockin' my Glock"

"But you can't 'cock a Glock'"...

Barrister 11-30-2008 12:32 PM

Update! Now Plax is being charged with criminal possession of a firearm! This guy is having the worst week ever . . .

Plaxico Burress - WR - New York Giants - Nov 30 2008 8:05AM est
News: Plaxico Burress is expected to be charged with criminal possession of a weapon after shooting himself in the thigh Friday night. The felony chage results in a mandatory 3.5 year prison sentence.
Impact: "He went for his gun and fumbled it. And now it will cost him," a police source told the NY Daily News. Details continue to emerge, such as Antonio Pierce berating Plaxico for bringing the gun to a club. Pierce also stashed the gun for Burress and didn't call 911 at Plaxico's request, so he could face charges as well. Cops only learned about the incident after the Giants quietly reached out to them to report it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3735040

ajs887 11-30-2008 01:31 PM

As much as he's been a bone head I think a lot of the criticism he is getting is fair and unfair. He shouldn't have had an unlicensed weapon and that is fair criticism, but he is getting what I think is a lot of criticism for having a gun period. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with what happened to sean taylor and the Jacksonville Jaguars player who was targeted and shot this year.

Neel 11-30-2008 08:30 PM

It was reported he shot himself with a .40 cal I bet that tickled a little bit.

Alex 11-30-2008 09:15 PM

The only flack he is getting is for the boneheaded actions for which he is responsible. Please share the criticism which you feel is 'unfair'.

This is just a dumb decision that I can't understand. If he felt the need for protection, there are countless goons in the city that he could have hired for the night. :dizzy:

Originally Posted by ajs887 (Post 184989)
As much as he's been a bone head I think a lot of the criticism he is getting is fair and unfair. He shouldn't have had an unlicensed weapon and that is fair criticism, but he is getting what I think is a lot of criticism for having a gun period. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with what happened to sean taylor and the Jacksonville Jaguars player who was targeted and shot this year.

Ced 11-30-2008 09:23 PM

I dont know the law, but how can they charge him if no gun was found?

saintv90 11-30-2008 09:23 PM

Guess I better drop his dumb ass from my fantasy team. :smilie:

Chris from Cali 11-30-2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ced (Post 185285)
I dont know the law, but how can they charge him if no gun was found?

Witness statements and that lil ol bullet in his leg...