Notices
Southwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in AZ, NM, and NV

Charity event - 3laps at Texas Motor Speedway (TWS) and 2 drive in movies - $40 Nov8

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eric_H is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Charity event - 3laps at Texas Motor Speedway (TWS) and 2 drive in movies - $40 Nov8

Charity event - 3 laps at Texas Motor Speedway (TWS) and 2 drive in movies - $40 Nov8

The DFW autocross world suffered a terrible loss earlier this year. Todd Eaddy and his daughter Kierstin were long time track and auto-x participants. Todd works at Discount Tire and not only provided track folks the BEST service at this workplace, he often petitioned for sponsorships and prizes (aka TIRES!!) for the local SCCA and Equipe Rapide events (and others). Todd is an outstanding person. His daughter was an experience go-karter and just loved the sport. In her memory TWS is donating a great event that will be ultra fun for car nuts and their families! Please spread the word!

-----------------

TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY TO HOST 'CARING FOR KIERSTIN'S LEGACY' DRIVE-IN MOVIE NIGHT TO INITIATE MEMORIAL FUND FOR LOCAL TEEN

Movie Doubleheader On World's Largest HD Video Board, Laps Around TMS Oval To Benefit Flower Mound Teen Kierstin Eaddy That Was Fatally Injured In Go-Karting Accident

FORT WORTH, Texas - Texas Motor Speedway will play host to the "Caring For Kierstin's Legacy" Drive-In Movie Night on Saturday, Nov. 8, to initiate a memorial fund for Flower Mound teenager Kierstin Eaddy that was fatally injured in a go-karting accident this summer.

"Caring For Kierstin's Legacy" Drive-In Movie Night will showcase two feature films on the world's largest HD video board - Despicable Me 2 at 7 p.m. CT and Edge of Tomorrow starring Tom Cruise at 8:45 p.m. - and also provide guests the opportunity to take three laps on Texas Motor Speedway's famed 1.5-mile oval between 4:30-6:30 p.m.

"The Eaddy family is honored that Texas Motor Speedway is sponsoring a charity event on behalf of our daughter Kierstin and her passion to give back,'' said her father Todd Eaddy. "May we all find comfort in finding the positives in life, as did Kierstin. Thank you to all the people that touched Kierstin's life. We would also like to thank the people that have spent their time making this event a reality."

The memorial fund donation for the drive-in doubleheader is $20 per carload and $30 for those who would like to take three laps in their personal vehicle on the track that annually plays host to NASCAR and INDYCAR races. There also is a combination package for $40, which includes both the movies and the laps.

Concession areas will be available throughout the evening, but moviegoers are welcome to bring coolers as well as lawn chairs should they wish to enjoy the films under the stars.

The monies raised from the "Caring For Kierstin's Legacy" Drive-In Movie Night will initiate a memorial fund for the 14-year-old Eaddy, who was involved in a tragic go-karting accident on July 20 during a sanctioned event on a course layout in a parking lot outside of Texas Motor Speedway.

Eaddy, a talented go-kart racer since she was seven years old who also enjoyed track and the Girl Scouts, was an honor student at The Shelton School in Dallas. The non-profit school, which always is seeking additional funding for research and curriculum development, is dedicated to helping students with dyslexia and other learning differences. Many of Kierstin's successes can be attributed to them.

She also had a passion for the SpiritHorse Therapeutic Center in Corinth, where she volunteered her time for the facility that assists children with physical disabilities through its stable of horses, ponies and riders.

"The memorial fund will be used to aid Spirit Horse and develop a scholarship endowment for Shelton School in Dallas because these organizations played a huge role in defining Kierstin's life," Eaddy said. "Kierstin would be proud to know her spirit will live on and continue to help other children.

"She always told me, 'Dad, I think I get more out of spending time with the people at SpiritHorse than they get from me.' I believe that was true. I believe the world would be a better place if we all looked through children's eyes as they work to overcome obstacles in life. Seeing the kids' smiles and perseverance will forever provide personal inspiration."

Texas Motor Speedway is hosting "Caring For Kierstin's Legacy" in partnership with the Eaddy family as well as event sponsors Speedway Children's Charities-Texas Chapter, Sports Car Club of America, Discount Tire, North Texas Autocross Series and Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/up...in-movie-night
For additional information, please call Speedway Children's Charities-Texas Chapter at (817) 215-8421.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting. I shared this with some local DFW auto enthusiasts.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eric_H is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for spreading the word about this great event Kent!

Bump as it is this weekend!