Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (US) (https://teamspeed.com/forums/southern-california-us/)
-   -   Armenian Coffee (https://teamspeed.com/forums/southern-california-us/28170-armenian-coffee.html)

swordsman 08-27-2009 09:07 PM

Armenian Coffee

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any cafe/restaurant that serves authentic Armenian coffee in LA/OC?

Fuel&Fire 08-28-2009 12:42 PM

Not Sure if they serve coffee, but one of my favorite wrap/sandwiches!!!

Tarzana Armenian Deli

Ara 08-28-2009 01:05 PM

Can you be more specific on what area you are looking for? I am sure I can recommend a place if you tell me what area.

ZAMIRZ 08-28-2009 01:11 PM

I hadn't had coffee for at least 5 years and was over at a friends house last night trying to pound through some work. Well, his sister made some armenian coffee and that sh!t had me wired from 7 in the afternoon 'til 1 a.m. I was sweating and had the worst dry-mouth as well. If you aren't a coffee drinker or don't do too well with caffeine, be careful.

swordsman 08-28-2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ara (Post 387032)
Can you be more specific on what area you are looking for? I am sure I can recommend a place if you tell me what area.

Thanks, actually it'd be great if you can recommend a place in OC.

swordsman 08-28-2009 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ (Post 387036)
I hadn't had coffee for at least 5 years and was over at a friends house last night trying to pound through some work. Well, his sister made some armenian coffee and that sh!t had me wired from 7 in the afternoon 'til 1 a.m. I was sweating and had the worst dry-mouth as well. If you aren't a coffee drinker or don't do too well with caffeine, be careful.

I'm good with caffeine...it hardly has any effect on me. I love strong coffee, and I was told I should try Armenian/Turkish coffee.

ZAMIRZ 08-28-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by swordsman (Post 387077)
I'm good with caffeine...it hardly has any effect on me. I love strong coffee, and I was told I should try Armenian/Turkish coffee.

In that case, make sure there's an old chain-smoking armenian lady there. When you're done, flip the cup over onto the coaster and after a few minutes, tell the lady to read your horoscope. :smilie:

Jo_Switzer 08-28-2009 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by swordsman (Post 387077)

Turkish coffee is nuts. Not aware if it's the same as Armenian coffee, but it'll put hair on your tongue, for sure!!

swordsman 08-28-2009 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ (Post 387088)
In that case, make sure there's an old chain-smoking armenian lady there. When you're done, flip the cup over onto the coaster and after a few minutes, tell the lady to read your horoscope. :smilie:

I've read about that, pretty interesting stuff for sure!

Ara 08-28-2009 05:51 PM

I'm not too familiar with places in OC, but my cousin told me about a few Armenian restaurants/cafes in Lido @ 3410 Via Oporto. If you want dinner, there is a great Lebanese restaurant called Open Sesame in Long Beach. Hope this helps, and i'll see if I can find anything else.