Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Need Scotch Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Need Scotch Help

I need some help with scotch. A good friend has been doing a lot for me lately and he's a big scotch guy. I want to pick him up something nice, but don't have any idea where to start. I wish I knew more about what he has so I don't double up on something he has, but...What would be some good ideas on something really nice I can pick up for him?

Maybe $100 limit? If there is something more expensive that is strongly recommended, I'd be open to it.

Thanks!

-K

Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Oban 14 for $60 is incredible scotch for the $$$.... If you can afford to go up to $125 the 18 year is sublime!

Old 12-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
How about bourbons?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Oban 14 for $60 is incredible scotch for the $$$.... If you can afford to go up to $125 the 18 year is sublime!
I'm not even a scotch guy and I love the Oban 14yr

Old 12-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by c money
oban 14 for $60 is incredible scotch for the $$$.... If you can afford to go up to $125 the 18 year is sublime!

+1000!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Can't go wrong with Chivas Regal either, 18 year is in the 80-90$ price range.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
MaCallan 12 year, glenmorangie quinta ruban, bruichladdich 12, 18, or "rocks." These are all under $100 and all very nice. Macallan is the most common and he probably has it so I would look at the others I said first.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Excellent. Thanks so much guys!!

-K

Old 12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
It depends on the region he prefers as well. If he likes islays, a bottle of Lagavulin should be under $100.