Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Anyone smoke any good cigars lately?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by b9ev
Lots of good non-cubans around. You just need to ask or try a bunch. I normally stock padron 1926 and 1964, Winston Churchill, and a few random sticks. For cuban, some of the best are Partagas Series D no 4. I also stock those...
Absolutely. The Padron 1926 is an amazing smoke, along with the Rocky Patel Decade, and the new Hoyo de Monterey Reposado en cedros. These are great contenders to the cuban cigars, however, I do enjoy a nice Monte Cristo #2 from time to time. Nicaraguan cigars are not only more affordable, but they are better tasting than most Cubans.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a fan of Padron cigars. They are hollow and one-dimensional and the draw is too loose. I have a bunch of the 26s that I would gladly trade away. Some of the Opus X cigars are pretty good if you like a really strong cigar, such as the Perfeccion X. But they are a terrible value at $20-25 a stick. The recent Avo 2010 limited edition was a great cigar and those can be found for $11 - $12 a stick. I also like some of the Illusione cigars, such as the 2010 LE Singlar Phantom and the Epernay. I'm also a fan of the Oliva Series V and Masterblend cigars. The Oliva Series V Maduro LE 2010 was a particularly great cigar. I have not liked most Tatuaje cigars, but the El Trunfidors have been decent. I have something like 450 NC cigars in my collection right now and will smoke one on occasion.

Now that being said, there are dozens of CCs that I would smoke before any NC cigar. The PSD4 is clearly one of those. But lately, I have become a huge fan of Ramon Allones cigars, especially the regional editions and the recent Superiores were quite good as well. I also like Vegas Robaina cigars for something a little different with huge coffee and coco flavors. The Tinidad Robusto Ts are probably the best robusto cigar on the planet. The Cohiba Siglo IVs and VIs are hard to beat for a full bodied, rich tobacco cigar. I could go on . . .

Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
This thread has me drooling for a cigar and I'm going to be stuck in my office for a few more hours

Old 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
I've had two good tatuajes, neither of which I know the name of. The first was aged so long the wrapper was super thin but didn't break. The second was given to me by the owner of the cigar club I'm a member of.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
I'm not a fan of Padron cigars. They are hollow and one-dimensional and the draw is too loose. I have a bunch of the 26s that I would gladly trade away. Some of the Opus X cigars are pretty good if you like a really strong cigar, such as the Perfeccion X. But they are a terrible value at $20-25 a stick. The recent Avo 2010 limited edition was a great cigar and those can be found for $11 - $12 a stick. I also like some of the Illusione cigars, such as the 2010 LE Singlar Phantom and the Epernay. I'm also a fan of the Oliva Series V and Masterblend cigars. The Oliva Series V Maduro LE 2010 was a particularly great cigar. I have not liked most Tatuaje cigars, but the El Trunfidors have been decent. I have something like 450 NC cigars in my collection right now and will smoke one on occasion.

Now that being said, there are dozens of CCs that I would smoke before any NC cigar. The PSD4 is clearly one of those. But lately, I have become a huge fan of Ramon Allones cigars, especially the regional editions and the recent Superiores were quite good as well. I also like Vegas Robaina cigars for something a little different with huge coffee and coco flavors. The Tinidad Robusto Ts are probably the best robusto cigar on the planet. The Cohiba Siglo IVs and VIs are hard to beat for a full bodied, rich tobacco cigar. I could go on . . .
A fair argument indeed. You really can never go wrong with a Cohiba Siglo, all an all it comes down to taste preference. Im going to my humidor now to make a selection.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by b9ev
I've had two good tatuajes, neither of which I know the name of. The first was aged so long the wrapper was super thin but didn't break. The second was given to me by the owner of the cigar club I'm a member of.

That looks really good! Its got a nice oily sheen on the wrapper.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
One final point, it's not true that NCs are cheaper than CCs. Most of the better NCs are actually more expensive than a regular release CC. The Opus Xs and Padron Anniversary cigars (which cost $20-25 a cigar) are the best example of that. If you are only a little bit resourceful, you can find PDS4s and RA Specially Selected for less than $7 a cigar and I would take either of those over any Opus X or Padron Anniversary any day. Even the Trinidad Robusto Ts and Cohiba Robustos can be found for $12.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Where are you finding the PSD4s for 7?!?! I'm paying 11-12!

Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm about to enjoy this LGC Serie N that I got from the "Big Smoke" NYC as well. Cant wait! If any of you guys have tried this stick, let me know what you thought about it.Name:  IMG00051-20110125-1504.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  61.9 KB

Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I'm trying out a 12 pack of those Trindad Robusto Ts!

Quick Reply: Anyone smoke any good cigars lately?