Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Trip to the Rolex 24

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Trip to the Rolex 24

Alright so I saw that some of you were interested in the Daytona Rolex 24. So I decided to share my experience with you guys. I drove down from Quebec, Canada, a 26 hour drive to get there on wednesday. Thankfully the roads were great and not to occupied nor were there many highway patrols. I rented a room at the Rodeway Inn right on the beach, it had the essentials, in four days I must have spent 20 hours in the room, just to freshen up get a little sleep.

Thursday was a day to walk around the garages, see the cars getting preped for the practice runs and grand am continental qualifications.

Friday was a lot more interesting the continental races started in the rain with some what near 85 cars at the start, but the race was very civilised and no major crashes, throughout the race the sun showed up and dried up all the rain. Jack Roush jr. took the victory. I got a great shot and a 128i and Cooper S into eachother in the trioval.

Saturday was assume in the parking lot there was an autocross session sponsored by porsche charity event, the assume part was for 15$ you got the opportunity to ride shotgun in the new 991 carrera s you would experience a little acceleration and some drifting. In the morning there was an autograph session for the Rolex drivers and also a great little "race" with the 29 of the 48 past 24 hrs winners, it was a great sight seeing them in action. Then a 3:30 the real race started I stayed there till 1am, everything was calm, Not to much action in DP and a few leader changes in GT.

Sunday I got back there at 7am watched the entire race DP was pretty tight and Porsche was leading the GT pack. Amasingly there wasnt many that didnt finish the race. Anyways that was a little summary of my race weekend. It was a fantastic experience and i'm looking forward to going back in the near future.

Heres a few photos i've tons of the not all uploaded to my computer yet if you have a particular car you want to see I probably have it.

Attached Images           

Last edited by Kevyn St-Petes; 02-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
great writeup!

26hrs is a long long drive...but looks like it was worth it!

any more pics?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevyn St-Petes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thanks more pics coming

Old 02-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
A little more of daytona

Attached Images           
Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
very cool

Old 02-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
more pics

Attached Images           
Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
action

Attached Images           
Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
M5 Continental pacecar
991 Rolex pacecar

Attached Images   
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
A little banged up

Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Trip to the Rolex 24