Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Sebastian Vettel's rivals concede defeat in title race

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Newey's design is going to be changed radically pretty soon...

Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ What are you basing that on? How soon is 'pretty soon'?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
^ What are you basing that on? How soon is 'pretty soon'?
The FIA is banning blown diffusers from the British GP and onward. The blown diffuser is widely believed to be the largest weapon Red Bull has at it's disposal. Many people, myself included, believe it will even the playing field.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I thought you knew something we didn't. Cheers!

It will be interesting to see if that makes the title chase any more interesting with the chasing drivers almost conceding the title to SV and RB.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:08 AM
This won't end well
Originally Posted by Alex
I thought you knew something we didn't. Cheers!

It will be interesting to see if that makes the title chase any more interesting with the chasing drivers almost conceding the title to SV and RB.
I wish!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
The FIA is banning blown diffusers from the British GP and onward. The blown diffuser is widely believed to be the largest weapon Red Bull has at it's disposal. Many people, myself included, believe it will even the playing field.
But like every major change in the regs, it will hit all of the top teams equally. I hear that exhaust re-circulation sound on the Red Bulls, McLarens, Ferraris, Mercedes and Renaults.

If Red Bull is hit hard by the change, all of the other contenders will be also.

What might change the championship is the pressure of running ahead. We have seen in the past that Vettel can be forced into mistakes when the pressure is on. That is the only real hope the other teams have.

Conceding defeat does not help the situation.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-28-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
But like every major change in the regs, it will hit all of the top teams equally. I hear that exhaust re-circulation sound on the Red Bulls, McLarens, Ferraris, Mercedes and Renaults.

If Red Bull is hit hard by the change, all of the other contenders will be also.

What might change the championship is the pressure of running ahead. We have seen in the past that Vettel can be forced into mistakes when the pressure is on. That is the only real hope the other teams have.

Conceding defeat does not help the situation.
I don't think we'll see the same mistakes from Vettel this year. He's already won the championship once and he knows he has plenty more years left in him to do it again and again. Add that to the fact that he's already on top with a HUGE lead in points and I think that he'll be able to coast to the WDC even with the blown exhaust ban.

Honestly, I'm happy for the kid. He's a great driver and seems like a good guy, not too cocky or anything. I'd love to see him win another WDC or two but it'd be nice if there was at least some challenge for him.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I am very surprised that the top drivers would have already given up in the title race. The start of this season has almost been identical to Button's dominance in the first 7 or 8 races of 2009, and in that season the other teams quickly began catching up. However, Button did win that season though. But, I am still holding out hope that either Button or Webber can capitalize on any misfortunes Vettel has in the future. If Webber and Button can finish the remaining races at the top of the field, and Vettel has a few DNF's, he is not assured to win. That is my opinion, but all of it may just be because I am in denial of Vettel's dominance, purely because I dislike him.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B4rad
I am very surprised that the top drivers would have already given up in the title race. The start of this season has almost been identical to Button's dominance in the first 7 or 8 races of 2009, and in that season the other teams quickly began catching up. However, Button did win that season though. But, I am still holding out hope that either Button or Webber can capitalize on any misfortunes Vettel has in the future. If Webber and Button can finish the remaining races at the top of the field, and Vettel has a few DNF's, he is not assured to win. That is my opinion, but all of it may just be because I am in denial of Vettel's dominance, purely because I dislike him.
When comparing this season to 2009, you have to take into consideration that Brawn GP had very little financial resources to maintain development. The other major teams were certainly improving at a faster rate than the Brawn cars were, but that won't be the case with the Bulls. Vettel will literally have to choke to lose this championship, and he can even afford a few DNFs in my opinion since there probably won't be just one driver that will stand out from the rest (Webber, Button, Hamilton, and Alonso will all take points from each other at various tracks). Of course I'd love to see a closer championship, but at this point it seems highly unlikely.