Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Pit-Stop (https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/)
-   -   Korean GP ticket prices slashed (https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/55710-korean-gp-ticket-prices-slashed.html)

Alzilla 03-02-2011 11:39 AM

Korean GP ticket prices slashed

http://images.planetf1.com/11/03/496...ns_2569178.jpg

Organisers of the Korean Grand Prix have drastically reduced ticket prices for this year's race following disappointing sales figures during the inaugural race in 2010.

The run-up to last year's grand prix was marred by criticism as track officials struggled to complete the circuit in time for the race. They failed to fill the seats with only 80 000 people attending on race day at the 135 000 capacity circuit.

Tickets for the 2011 event from October 14-16 went on sale on Wednesday and those who splash the cash in March will get a 50 percent discount while fans who buy tickets from April 1 to August 31 will get a discount of up to 30 per cent.

The average ticket price will range from 460 000 won ($410) to 315 000 won ($280) while a three-day pass will set you back about 315 000 won ($279).

The head of the Korean grand prix organising committee Park Joon-young says they've learned from their mistakes.

"This year, we will try to improve our ticket sales, advertising and other areas of our operations," Park said.

"I know that there were controversies about our construction and also ticket prices. We will try our best so that motor sports can develop into a key part of our leisure industry."

SOURCE

Barrister 03-02-2011 11:44 AM

This would be a fine race to attend.

The only problem is that it is in the middle of nowhere.

I will likely go. My wife is from Korea and we are going to make a family trip out of it.

Nice to see the price reductions.

Alzilla 03-02-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barrister (Post 882773)

I will likely go. My wife is from Korea and we are going to make a family trip out of it.

I thought you'd appreciate that. Make sure to take lots of pics if you do go.

akiruno 03-02-2011 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barrister (Post 882773)

Crap, I didn't realize it was so far south/east, thought it was closer to Teagu/Pusan area. Lived in Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi-do for almost six years…excellent excuse to shoot over for a quick holiday.

ADV.1 Matt 03-02-2011 01:31 PM

Tempting but I agree with what's been said. I just remember the Heli footage from last year and the like 15 mile traffic jam getting to the race venue that was still going on halfway through the race and the fact that its nowhere near anything kind of make it a bit less appealing.

I think the Japanese GP would be pretty sweet to attend.

.:Raul 03-02-2011 01:45 PM

I played this track in F1 2010 and it was great to drive on. It's a shame that crazy rain almost ruined the race

X2daC 03-02-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by .:Raul (Post 882941)
I played this track in F1 2010 and it was great to drive on. It's a shame that crazy rain almost ruined the race

I think it's more a shame that it is FOUR HOURS from any major city and that there are no track side accommodations.

Barrister 03-02-2011 09:34 PM

The vision by the Korean organizers was that the track would spark development in the area.

They have a whole city planned out with the track at the center.

Right now it is farmland and kimchi pots.

.:Raul 03-03-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by X2daC (Post 883519)
I think it's more a shame that it is FOUR HOURS from any major city and that there are no track side accommodations.

Yes also true. I was reading certain reporter's account of his weekend at the race with the long train rides everyday to just get to the track

Hope it gets developed soon