Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R8 V10 Full Vehicle Clear Guard + Nano Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pdxa4
Quality work...

I can attest to your work with our practical family vehicle, CX-9 that you recently worked on...

Thank you Thank you!!! Glad we could be of service.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:27 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Let the showcase continue!

Clear Bra used - Prestige Clear Guard by Prestige Film Technologies
*the clearest paint protection film that we have come to use and sticking to this one
*8mils thick
*Lifetime Warranty from bubbling, fading, peeling, and cracking

Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Looks amazing. I'm not in the loop on protective wraps but my SO declined this when we leased my Pana S. I wish we had done it at least on the front bumper and hood because I'm 1.5yrs. in with quite a bit of chipping. He didn't want to do it because he's heard they all yellow in our climate. I'm guessing much progress has been made and this is no longer an issue?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:51 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by ktvegas
Looks amazing. I'm not in the loop on protective wraps but my SO declined this when we leased my Pana S. I wish we had done it at least on the front bumper and hood because I'm 1.5yrs. in with quite a bit of chipping. He didn't want to do it because he's heard they all yellow in our climate. I'm guessing much progress has been made and this is no longer an issue?
There could be various reasons for the dealer not offering. The most common is:

**they've had bad experience in the past where they chose price as the leading factor in choosing a vendor for their dealership. The cheaper they are with this, in general, the lower the quality in both product and installation

Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, to clarify I meant sig. other. Dealer offered, not sure what brand but it was somewhere around $2,200

Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
So maybe a stupid question, but assume the car is always pretty much detailed and polished right before film application to garner the best results ??

Old 07-16-2011, 02:57 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by Insman
So maybe a stupid question, but assume the car is always pretty much detailed and polished right before film application to garner the best results ??
Yes, that is correct and no, it's not a stupid question.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:58 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Project once again:

* Vehicle came from Arkansas with dark tint (limo tint on the sides and 20% on the front windshield)
* Customer wanted to have the dark tint removed and replaced with something a bit lighter in shade and rejects more heat
* Diamond Cut IR Nano Tint replaced the previous tint application - rejects 94% of infrared rays
* Full vehicle clear bra to protect from rock chips and vandalism - all custom with film tucked wherever possible
* Clear Bra used - Prestige Clear Guard manufactured by Prestige Film Technologies. The clearest in our opinion....just look at the reflections

Last edited by Premier Protective Films; 07-16-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Diamond cut IR Nano Tint 50% sides and 63% front windshield. 94% infrared rejection!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
From Arkansas!!!

Paint Protection Film used:
Prestige Clear Guard by Prestige Film Technologies
Coverage: Full Vehicle for every panels wrapped with edges tucked wherever possible
Warranty: Lifetime Warranty from bubbling, fading, peeling, and cracking
Pros: Clarity clarity. Strength is no different in our opinion to the other brands on the market, however, it is much clearer than everything.
Cons: A bit more difficult to install because of its clarity. The clearer the product the more flaws you will see, so it will take a seasoned installer to get this down.

Tint removal - previously not installed by us - limo on the sides and 20% on windshield

Tint reapplication
Diamond Cut IR Nano Tint - 50% sides and rear + 73% windshield.