Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Performance Series Audi Models (https://teamspeed.com/forums/performance-series-audi-models/)
-   -   Chris from Cali's RS5 Review (with pics) (https://teamspeed.com/forums/performance-series-audi-models/50017-chris-calis-rs5-review-pics.html)

Mini George 11-07-2010 07:17 PM

Great review! I really want this car now!

20C4S 11-07-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali (Post 755135)
"Audiness" - I commented to my friend that the car looks very high-quality, but not so exotic as to be unusable. I know my 911 isn't an exotic, per se, but I end up treating it as such in the sense that every occasion is special, I am always checking the leather for wear, etc. The RS5 looks very sturdy, like it would hold up to a long time of regular use. Personally, I like Audi's approach to tech, so the whole thing worked for me.

it's nice u mentioned this. i'm also always checking for the leather for wear, but i often found i have problem with Audi the most, not so much with other german brands. Porsche is not so great either, although i'm very careful getting in & out of the car so that seems to prevent or at least slow down the wear. less luck with Audi because they seem to have wears & wrinkles even when new.

look at the 7th pic u posted. u can already see some wears on the driver side shoulder pad. that's usually what happens on my previous RS4 & R8 on the sitting bolster.

Tommy6030 11-07-2010 07:41 PM

Thanks for taking the time to fill us in on the car Chris. I'm so glad to here that it wasn't disappointing and can't wait for the program to come stateside.

What were your thoughts on how the steering felt with the new crown gear differential Quattro and torque vectoring?

997carrerasblk06 11-07-2010 07:42 PM

Maybe in a few years when I upgrade my daily driver...I definately love the look of the S5, I seriously contemplated it over my current 997....but that feel and look can't be matched...bravo to Audio though...by far the sexiest affordable car they make to date!

GuessWho 11-07-2010 07:48 PM

I love the front end of this car!

thrivenS 11-07-2010 07:57 PM

Yes please!

Redlined 11-07-2010 08:31 PM

Great write up Chris. I;m hearing July for the US...who knows. Then again I was told no 6 speed...
One can only hope for 3 pedals

littlebulldogg 11-07-2010 09:08 PM

nice write up, thank Mr. X.

mstams 11-07-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 20C4S (Post 755210)
less luck with Audi because they seem to have wears & wrinkles even when new.

look at the 7th pic u posted. u can already see some wears on the driver side shoulder pad. that's usually what happens on my previous RS4 & R8 on the sitting bolster.

This is definitely true. Our S6 front seats developed side seat bolster wrinkles very quickly. Also, I checked out a new R8 a couple weeks ago and the passenger side looked completely mashed. It was fresh off the boat. Must be a design thing...

yohanthestud 11-07-2010 10:37 PM

twas a good read! glad Mr. X enjoyed it!