Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Performance Boats (https://teamspeed.com/forums/performance-boats/)
-   -   pics of YOO-HOO for my TS Brethren (https://teamspeed.com/forums/performance-boats/906-pics-yoo-hoo-my-ts-brethren.html)

KO KAINE 01-25-2008 09:58 PM

yeah the thing is CRUCIAL

Craigger 01-26-2008 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by KO KAINE (Post 1564)
yeah the thing is CRUCIAL

Bomb boat man, absolutely flawless. I grew up outside Port Carling Ontario in the summer, so I would see these guys motoring by all day. my parents had a mid sixties double cockpit (w/ rumble seat kinda thing) until the mid ninety's before they got out of the cottaging game.

bring back some great memories

KO KAINE 01-26-2008 05:30 PM

oh indeed

Secure 01-26-2008 05:34 PM

Speechless. What is the history behind that boat? Did you have it built/restored?

Craigger 01-26-2008 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by KO KAINE (Post 2380)
oh indeed

<looks for pics of uncles 18' Barrel Back Speedster>

the cockpit is about 14 inches off the transom it seems.

ss360 01-26-2008 06:34 PM

Chris Crafts are awesome boats. I have a 2005 Chris Craft Corsair 28 with twin 350's and i love it. I took it to Catalina for a week last summer and it handled the ocean very well.

Craigger 01-26-2008 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ss360 (Post 2514)
Chris Crafts are awesome boats. I have a 2005 Chris Craft Corsair 28 with twin 350's and i love it. I took it to Catalina for a week last summer and it handled the ocean very well.

PICS OR BAN!!!

I love the lines of the modern classics.

Hossfly 01-26-2008 07:35 PM

Just a gorgeous boat! I think I remember seeing pics of it a long time ago elsewhere. Can't believe you convinced your restoration buddy to do it with modern power. Some of the purists would flat out refuse to do it.

KO KAINE 01-26-2008 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ss360 (Post 2514)

know the boat well....GREAT choice.

we almost bought one for SF Bay.......used market is VERY reasonable on this and the 25 IMO......VERY reasonable!!!

we had a Formula 280SS (28ft) here in marina del ray and we got HAMMERED out there.........HAMMERED. So bad we bitched-out and shipped it up to MICH......it was just too much.

glad to hear the corsair handled nicely......the ocean is a different game huh?:wtfyousayin:

the thing about this crew is:::::: WE LIKE PICS!!!! lets see her.

NICE AVATAR, man...............my new best friend:cheekkiss5:

KO KAINE 01-26-2008 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hossfly (Post 2574)
Just a gorgeous boat! I think I remember seeing pics of it a long time ago elsewhere. Can't believe you convinced your restoration buddy to do it with modern power. Some of the purists would flat out refuse to do it.

yeah we have done all of our boats w/ modern-o units. He doesnt give a F......he HATES dealing with the old blocks, and our time their is so precious that they HAVE to run.......

but yes I hear ya.......its like blasphemy or something.

i dont really care personally.....I RUN 'em........i dont care about "shows"....neither does he.

oh and my lil sis? She PINS this thing right our of the wrapper!!!!

shes an animal:smilie: