Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Performance Power Racing's Ford GT - Fastest Standing Mile - 283MPH

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
I mention bugatti for a refrence point.

I guess a production car you can drive in traffic that runs 260+mph was just thrown together.

Stick 2000hp in anything aerodynamic and i'm sure it will do 250+ in a mile.
Constant 1g is 200mph in 10 sec

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 10-30-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Meh does not interest me when you purpose tune a car to achieve records.

I like complete products.

Anyway here is the video:
Worlds Fastest Street Car @ 283mph - PPR Standing Mile Guinness World Record - YouTube

Old 10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Artist
Meh does not interest me when you purpose tune a car to achieve records.

I like complete products.

Anyway here is the video:
Worlds Fastest Street Car @ 283mph - PPR Standing Mile Guinness World Record - YouTube
Does not interest you? How can any car guy say that? Regardless of what car you're into, you should be in shock that a street car can get to 283mph in the standing mile. With the fastest tested production car in the world hitting 267, this demolished it in 1 mile from a stand still.

Simply put, it's badass.

BTW, thanks for video.

Edit: On second thought, wtf kind of video was that lol. I was expecting a solid run.

Last edited by JDM135; 10-30-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
So, just wondering, at what point should we start being concerned about the tires staying together on these things? Not really sure there are any street tires rated for 300mph on the market yet.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
in for video

Old 10-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
This 283 could not have been run in a mile by a car making the power they claim this GT made. The camo GT makes over 2000whp, and even with a $30K Motec, with traction control and some of the best equipment/tuners in the world wrenching/tuning on this thing, it has gone 263mph. To say that you're going to pick up TWENTY mph at that level, with 300+ less whp in the same car is flat crazy. Picking up 20mph at 260+mph requires insane amounts of power. Now they did have a better surface to run on, could the car have run 283, sure but I do not believe they ran it in a mile.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thats insane. Sick car and congrats to the owner and team that built it.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattjs33
So, just wondering, at what point should we start being concerned about the tires staying together on these things? Not really sure there are any street tires rated for 300mph on the market yet.
That's a good point. I know something about Bugatti using $20,000 tires or something that last 10-15 minutes at top speed, which is ridiculous. No idea what tire they are using to get to 260+.

Originally Posted by PatrickHenry
in for video
Me too. That lame excuse for a "video" was pathetic. Sensing some BS from them lol.

Originally Posted by yzracer931
This 283 could not have been run in a mile by a car making the power they claim this GT made. The camo GT makes over 2000whp, and even with a $30K Motec, with traction control and some of the best equipment/tuners in the world wrenching/tuning on this thing, it has gone 263mph. To say that you're going to pick up TWENTY mph at that level, with 300+ less whp in the same car is flat crazy. Picking up 20mph at 260+mph requires insane amounts of power. Now they did have a better surface to run on, could the car have run 283, sure but I do not believe they ran it in a mile.
Yeah. It's starting to get fishy. They did run it in Miami, which people say is a better strip than texas, but regardless, 283mph is still crazy. While I don't know the specifics, just having no video of the run or the speed trap or in video or anything that proves that speed was made in a mile makes me think a little. I hope they prove me wrong and post a solid video though.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
Holy Crap!

Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
I'm a nobody to discredit anyone on this but being an internet warrior I'm calling BS until someone posts a real video. Nobody cares until a real video is posted. I'm surprised there arent parodies of the video they just posted saying my Prius went 999mph in 1 mile yet. Yes I'm starting sh1t. Yes I just want to see onboard and whatever other cams they were partially showing already!!!

Quick Reply: Performance Power Racing's Ford GT - Fastest Standing Mile - 283MPH