Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Performance Power Racing's Ford GT - Fastest Standing Mile - 283MPH

Old 10-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Performance Power Racing's Ford GT - Fastest Standing Mile - 283MPH

Just thought I'd share.

Performance Power Racing's Ford GT just set the new world record. Previous record was 267MPH by of course, another TT GT, but new record destroyed the previous one.

Can you guys believe that? 283MPH in one mile? Freakishly fast.

No videos that I found yet, but here are 2 articles on guinessworldrecords site.

Fastest Standing Mile

Performance Power Racing drives through fastest standing mile record at Kennedy Space Center - - - Latest news - Guinness World Records

Some images of the GT.

Here's a previous video of same car doing 253 2 years ago. Pretty damn impressive.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Catalyst Gilles is an unknown quantity at this point
Incredible is an understatement.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
What does a veyron ss do speed/time?

Old 10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeh. I still don't think it hit me. 283MPH is ridiculous as a top speed to begin with, but in a standing mile? That's just scary.

I don't think a Veyron SS ever ran in the standing mile. Just that the top speed on a few mile road with a rolling start of around 120mph was 267mph.

Interesting thing though, on forgtforum, a guy with a TT GT said a 2012 Veyron came out to the standing mile, and had 3 runs with the best being 201. Even if it wasn't running at it's best, it still gets absolutely destroyed by these TT GT's.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
A standard veyron does 204.4mph

Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
Where is the video?! Not seeing it anywhere on the net yet...

Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Vettilac
Where is the video?! Not seeing it anywhere on the net yet...
Yeh I know. I didn't find any videos yet. Just previous runs of the car and the links on the guinessworldrecords site. But hopefully it'll pop up soon. I saw a few people doubting this because of no video or where it was located, but I'm not surprised that it's a 1700RWHP Ford GT that pulled it off.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Pardon my ignorance but I guess these cars are faster than the UGR gallardos? I'm not too familiar and just curious. Never really heard about these Ford GTs before

Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
It kills me that people still mention to Bugatti when they talk about these standing mile cars. A lot comes into play with a mile car.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GuOD
Pardon my ignorance but I guess these cars are faster than the UGR gallardos? I'm not too familiar and just curious. Never really heard about these Ford GTs before
Yes. Faster. But for a streetable car you can drive in traffic, not much beats a UGR Gallardo. These FGT's seem a little too setup for racing compared to them. But a good UGR Race setup will trap anywhere from 220-240 or so. Still ridiculously fast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance Power Racing's Ford GT - Fastest Standing Mile - 283MPH