Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   The Middle East & Southwest Asia (https://teamspeed.com/forums/middle-east-southwest-asia/)
-   -   RIP Christophe Hissette. (https://teamspeed.com/forums/middle-east-southwest-asia/40550-rip-christophe-hissette.html)

edbhr 04-23-2010 12:15 PM

RIP Christophe Hissette.

Christophe Hissette

I was at the BIC this morning when I got the horrible news, I'm still in shock and totally out of words, Christophe was a sensation on track and a true gentleman off track. He was one of the best drivers this side of the world if not the best, and his sad departure will surely leave a big void in our racing scene and hearts.

May your soul be in eternal peace my friend, you and your family will be in our prayers and thoughts for a very long time.

Dubai Autodrome Motorsport Club Statement

On Friday, 23 April 2010, Dubai based Belgian national, 29 year old, Christophe Hissette suffered fatal injuries while competing in the qualifying session for the final round of the GulfSport Radical Cup at Dubai Autodrome. At 10.05 am, five minutes into the qualifying session, on the approach to Turn 16 of the International Circuit configuration, car number 42 of the AUH Motorsport team, driven by Christophe Hissette left the circuit and made contact with the outside wall before coming to a stop. No other cars were involved.

His car caught fire upon which the marshals, safety teams and medical crews were instantly dispatched to the scene. The fire was extinguished, whereupon a medical helicopter evacuated the driver to Rashid Hospital where Christophe Hissette was declared dead on arrival.

Hamish Brown, General Executive of Dubai Autodrome said, “It is with deep sadness and great regret that we report the loss of Christophe Hissette. We send our sincere condolences to his family and friends. His passing is a great loss to the region’s motorsport community. He was well known in the racing community and much respected by us all.”

Christophe Hissette was a vastly experienced racing driver who was a familiar and popular figure in the Gulf motor racing scene. He was the reigning European Masters Champion and leading contender for the 2009/2010 GulfSport Radical Cup in the UAE.

He was a multiple karting champion known for his versatility in all forms of road racing. Most recently he won the Battery 24 Hours race at the Kartdrome as part of the Batelco team. Due to the Christophe Hissette incident at Dubai Autodrome officials have abandoned UAE National Race Day 8.

GrayTT 04-23-2010 12:23 PM

RIP
Great guy...

cupcake of bahrain 04-23-2010 12:31 PM

What a loss! RIP my friend.

DJ 04-23-2010 05:31 PM

:( my condolences to all his friends and family.

Green 04-23-2010 07:17 PM

RIP, so sad.

430berlinetta 04-23-2010 07:22 PM

Very sad, RIP and my condolences to his friends and family.

zo6 maniac 04-27-2010 02:36 AM

my condolences to his friends and family. RIP