Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:59 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah - you were right on my tail there when we added them up.

There is a guy in the Netherlands named Patrick who travels all over Europe and the UK to car events in a quest to see every F1 that has ever been made. He recently drove 8 hrs one way to Geneva in order to see his 24th and 25th McLaren F1s.

One of the cars was in a showroom there and I had put him in touch with the owner of the other F1 who ended up taking Patrick for his very first ride in a McLaren. I have never been happier than to be able to assist in arranging an experience like that for someone else. Especially someone who is already so dedicated to the F1.

BTW Stephan - I have another crazy story to tell you but I go every night after work to renovate my new house so I keep missing you on IM. Might have to email it.

>8^)
ER

Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Peloton25
That one is included on my list of 14, but I saw it in 1997 along with 5 other longtails racing in the FIA GT Series at Laguna Seca which was long before Mr Stroll acquired it.

From then it took me just over 6 years before I finally got to see my first road car.

>8^)
ER
I saw my first F1 a few months ago at the local bently/mac showroom. not road legal and there was some visible damage and aging to the exterior

Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
The red one at maylasia motors?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:36 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hg_wng
I saw my first F1 a few months ago at the local bently/mac showroom. not road legal and there was some visible damage and aging to the exterior
Chassis #021 and it has been over there a very long time - perhaps not long after it was built. I am not sure?

I know the first time I saw evidence of that car was about 7 or 8 years ago and it was parked outside under an awning with a car cover draped over it. The situation did not look pretty.

>8^)
ER

Old 11-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
The red one at maylasia motors?
yup malayan motors, next to a veyron ss wre. though both of them have been moved somewhere else due to renovation at the showroom.

Chassis #021 and it has been over there a very long time - perhaps not long after it was built. I am not sure?

I know the first time I saw evidence of that car was about 7 or 8 years ago and it was parked outside under an awning with a car cover draped over it. The situation did not look pretty.

>8^)
ER
apparently it isn't the only F1 in Singapore, or so I've heard

Old 11-04-2011, 03:34 AM
McLaren Fanatic
It should be the only one there today. Chassis #065 and #018 were both there for a while at Automobil Manufactur but have since moved on with the first one now in Texas and the second one in New Zealand.

>8^)
ER

Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
It should be the only one there today. Chassis #065 and #018 were both there for a while at Automobil Manufactur but have since moved on with the first one now in Texas and the second one in New Zealand.

>8^)
ER
I see, thanks!

Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Here's the red one I just saw.

The goofy guy posing in some of my shots is my boss's son who came along with me on the trip. This was his very first time seeing a McLaren F1 in real life so he was quite enthused and I was thrilled that he got to see all the details after listening to me talk about them for so long.

Click Me!

>8^)
ER

Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
S'more F1 Pics

A little blurry:

Old 11-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice rob!

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread