Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 04:10 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
GTR 21R at the SPA 6-hours by Guillaume Tassart on Flickr. All kinds of AWESOME!!

>8^)
ER

Old 10-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Banned
chapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

To whom it may concern, (Peloton)
I just want to take the time to say, it's a pleasure having you as a fellow member here, the amount of knowledge you share with us exemplifies your passion and love for, if not, one of the most beloved pieces of automotive machinery to this date. Your mind for thought and ability to have such a talent for dedication like this means a lot to someone whose life revolves around petrol. It really is such a pleasure read every time you get to chime in. As an English-born fellow (now reside in Canada), my pride for McLaren is my true roots, and still until this day, getting a chance to see the McLaren factory from a distance is still embedded into my head. I will never forget it, and will always have room to cherish. I had a chance to see my first up close and personal McLaren F1 in Beverly Hills, CA (make fun of me but I didn't have a camera/cell phone then). I instantly felt my stomach get those "butterfly" feelings and was just astonished at my find. So on my behalf, I sincerely thank you for taking the time to explain and share some of the most fun reads I've ever had a chance to read on TS. Frankly, I still get those feelings just looking at pictures that are featured in this thread, how funny. Continue what you're doing- and good luck with the owner's club, congrats! Take care, cheers!

*Sorry for the length of the post, but I felt it was very well appropriate.

Last edited by chapsbk; 10-01-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
^^^ x2 - Exactly what I had to say but in a more formal way well said my friend and I must agree.

But yeah lucky you actually seen a F1. YouTube and teamspeed is the closest I'll get to seeing my number 1 dream car

Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
I would love to see a screen shot of peloton's files and the way he has the mclaren stuff organized

it would probably make my ocd look like baby crap lol

Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned
chapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbbaazzzz
^^^ x2 - Exactly what I had to say but in a more formal way well said my friend and I must agree.

But yeah lucky you actually seen a F1. YouTube and teamspeed is the closest I'll get to seeing my number 1 dream car
Thanks, Sir. Give it time, you'll be entitled to see one shortly heh
For the longest time, I could hear them and I had models of them, closest I got for a while, takes time brotha!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
To date, I have never seen a F1 and it still is one of my all time favorite cars. I truly hope to see one someday.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would be awesome if some of the east coast owners got together and hosted a charity event that offered a public viewing.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
To date, I have never seen a F1 and it still is one of my all time favorite cars. I truly hope to see one someday.
I hope you do too; then we can get some more AWESOME pictures of one!

Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by F1-LH
I just want to take the time to say, it's a pleasure having you as a fellow member here...
It was tremendously kind of you to say those things. I really enjoy what I do too, but it does give me a little more incentive to continue when I hear that others appreciate it the way you have stated here.

This isn't the only place I play when it comes to the F1. I've made frequent posts on FerraiChat, VWVortex, PistonHeads, Supercars.net, Luxury-4-Play and other websites over the years. With the help of Kevin McCauley on Flickr, I moderate the McLaren F1 photo group which just exceeded 1,000 images of the cars in the past 24 hours.

For those who are really interested in the McLaren F1 I would suggest paying attention to the best dedicated discussion forum for the F1 that exists anywhere on the web over on AutomotiveForums.com. I've been posting there for 8 of about the past 10 years I've been tracking F1s and most of what we know is cataloged there in some form or fashion. When something happens in the world of the F1 it is usually captured by one of us within a matter of days.

Thank you as well.

There's one in Australia - you'll just have to be lucky to find yourself in the same place with it. It was at Motorclassica last year and has appeared several times in the display at the Australian Grand Prix.

Originally Posted by RFFG
I would love to see a screen shot of peloton's files and the way he has the mclaren stuff organized

it would probably make my ocd look like baby crap lol
This can possibly be arranged. As it sits today it is 55,421 files in 1,133 folders totaling about 24GB. Everything isn't exactly how I would like it to be - if I knew where I was going with this when I started I'd have done a few things differently. Still the level of organization I do have is the only way I keep most of it straight in my head.

Originally Posted by atomic80
I HOPE SO TOO!!!

Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I think it would be awesome if some of the east coast owners got together and hosted a charity event that offered a public viewing.
The expectation is if the first gathering of the McLaren F1 Owner's Club is a success that in the future they want to also make plans for an event in the USA. I'm going to try and make it to the first one next year in Europe but am seriously looking forward to a gathering of the US cars as well. We have more here in the USA now in private hands than in any other region of the world. The UK might have a few more if you count them all, including the ones McLaren have held onto.

Originally Posted by Winchm60
I hope you do too; then we can get some more AWESOME pictures of one!
Indeed!!

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 10-01-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Peloton25
It was tremendously kind of you to say those things. I really enjoy what I do too, but it does give me a little more incentive to continue when I hear that others appreciate it the way you have stated here.

This isn't the only place I play when it comes to the F1. I've made frequent posts on FerraiChat, VWVortex, PistonHeads, Supercars.net, Luxury-4-Play and other websites over the years. With the help of Kevin McCauley on Flickr, I moderate the McLaren F1 photo group which just exceeded 1,000 images of the cars in the past 24 hours.

For those who are really interested in the McLaren F1 I would suggest paying attention to the best dedicated discussion forum for the F1 that exists anywhere on the web over on AutomotiveForums.com. I've been posting there for 8 of about the past 10 years I've been tracking F1s and most of what we know is cataloged there in some form or fashion. When something happens in the world of the F1 it is usually captured by one of us within a matter of days.

ER
Awesome, thank you so much again.. pleasure getting the time to talk to you, Sir. You're great.. all else I can say haha. Thanks again bud, your work is recognized so please continue to do all you do!

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread