Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Maserati MC12 Photo Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the roughEccentric M is a jewel in the rough
Post The Official Maserati MC12 Photo Thread

The Official Maserati MC12 Photo Thread

The Maserati MC12 was produced by Italian car maker Maserati to allow a racing variant to compete in the FIA GT Championship. The car entered production in 2004 with 30 cars produced (five of which were not for sale). A further 25 were produced in 2005 making a total of 50 cars available for customers, each of which were pre-sold for €600 000.

Maserati designed and built the car on the chassis of the Enzo Ferrari but the final car has much larger size and a lower drag coefficient. The MC12 is longer, wider and taller and has a sharper nose and smoother curves than the Enzo Ferrari, which has faster acceleration, better braking performance (shorter braking distance) and a higher top speed. The top speed of the Maserati MC12 is 330 kilometres per hour (205 mph) whereas the top speed of the Enzo Ferrari is 350 kilometres per hour (217.5 mph).

The MC12 was developed to signal Maserati's return to racing after 37 years. The road version was produced to homologate the race version. One requirement for participation in the FIA GT is the production of at least 25 road cars. Three GT1 race cars were entered into the FIA GT with great success. Maserati began racing the MC12 in the FIA GT toward the end of the 2004 season, winning the race held at the Zhuhai International Circuit. The racing MC12s were entered into the American Le Mans Series races in 2005 but exceeded the size restrictions and consequently paid weight penalties due to excess range.

Source of above text: Wikipedia

Anyways, I spotted a Maserati MC12 (F 55577) in a "hole in the wall" garage in Al Quoz area in Dubai (which is known to have many car garages). The last time I saw an MC12 was in 2005, at the HW Mariott Hotel in Deira.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
Dylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura aboutDylan K has a spectacular aura about

Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale with MC12 [Explored] by Dylan King Photography, on Flickr

Maserati MC12 by Dylan King Photography, on Flickr

Last edited by DJ; 10-21-2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: please remove hotlinks next time from flickr
Old 10-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Big Island, HI

Old 10-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen two in my life, and both had the same white/blue paint scheme as shown above.

Were they all painted this way from the factory? I've seen vids of black ones, but those might have been a different version.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I've seen two in my life, and both had the same white/blue paint scheme as shown above.

Were they all painted this way from the factory? I've seen vids of black ones, but those might have been a different version.
I believe the black scheme was for track-only variants.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Correct the mc12 corsa is track only and I have seen pics of all black, orange, and blue ones. The 50 street cars were all white and blue

Old 10-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
And, with George Clooney!

Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Have yet to see one. But IMO I think this car is more sexy then the Enzo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Maserati MC12 Photo Thread